Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

+1 for skyvector maps instead of google maps.

I contacted the guy behind SkyVector early on because I had the same idea but he was very dismissive. Never felt like talking to him again…

The mailserver announces itself as www.autorouter.eu,, which is 188.226.147.128
A reverse DNS lookup on 188.226.147.128 returns autorouter.eu, which is different from www.autorouter.eu

lenthamen, I think you’re spot on! I’ve changed the mailname in Postfix to match the PTR record. I had even setup DKIM earlier this morning in addition to SPF and opened a ticket with Yahoo. SMTP is the worst technology (what a euphemism) in the history of IT!

Still will need Yahoo’s cooperation on removing the block on our IP address.

Last Edited by achimha at 27 Mar 11:22

Hi Achima,
My first attempts at Autoroute have been very successful. Can you tell me what “Gramet” programe you are using for the WX? I need to get a decode of the icons being used.

Regards

Propman

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom

Can you tell me what “Gramet” programe you are using for the WX? I need to get a decode of the icons being used.

This is custom developed software and part of our package. It uses the GFS forecast data but we still consider it to be a “prototype”. We will continue to work on the presentation and also come up with a good description at a later point. I want it to be as pretty as the “original” GRAMET. The weather data should be accurate though (well, as much as GFS is).

Route:
LESO TURPU/N0098F110 IFR G23 RONKO/N0126F110 GRAUS A34 CRETA/N0125F100 VLC/N0124F080 ALT VFR DCT ALT2F DCT LELC
Validation: NO ERRORS
Direct distance (GCD): 338.4 NM
Route distance: 17433.0 NM (Overhead: 5051%)

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Simon

Route distance: 17433.0 NM (Overhead: 5051%)

Weird, problem, it’s related to this ALT2F waypoint which it thinks is 8519NM away. We’ll look into it.

Last Edited by achimha at 27 Mar 13:46

Get a similar thing with other routes – see my post #65

SImon

Get a similar thing with other routes – see my post #65

I could only see that in combination with routes that have ALT2F in them although I have found other routes where waypoints do this. We’re on it, don’t have an ETA on the fix yet. As to ZZZZ routings, this is a known issue and we’ll look into it. The developers are from Switzerland and Germany where ZZZZ IFR is totally unheard of

Weird, problem, it’s related to this ALT2F waypoint which it thinks is 8519NM away. We’ll look into it.

Not sure if this helps but ALT2F is a STAR not a waypoint.

Let’s say you have two routes generated.
Route 1 uses no DCTs and is 700nm.
Route 2 used some DCTs and is 650nm.
A pilot flying Route 1, and hassling ATC all the way for shortcuts, flies the route in 640nm.
A pilot flying Route 2, and hassling ATC all the way for shortcuts, flies the route in 640nm.
Which would you prefer?
I would prefer Route 2, because ATC don’t always give you shortcuts.

That’s not my experience. In practice, when I enter some new airspace ATC tells me what route it expects me to fly through it. So in my first example, it makes no difference if I’ve filed Route 1: SASKI L179 COA Y50 GOLEX L607 ARCKY or Route 2: SASKI DCT BOBMA DCT BARTU DCT BUB DCT LGE DCT PESOV. In practice at SASKI, Brussels will say “route Costa, Brussels VOR, Olno”, whatever it says on my flight plan. Those are waypoints on Route 1, not Route 2. You fly further afield than me, but in my experience what I’ve filed makes no difference to whether I get DCT shortcuts or not.

I’d also add that if I wanted to file a string of directs, I’d just use Skydemon to assemble the route graphically, and not bother with an autorouting tool.

Don’t get me wrong, I like what’s been created here, and I’d like to see competition for RocketRoute. I’m not comfortable with the output as yet, but might be with some minor changes.

Sign in to add your message