Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

superet100 wrote:

Is there any way to implement data along the route from Windy.com (ECMWF) in Autorouter?

Autorouter already includes GFS wind data I think, what exactly are you looking for?

EGTK Oxford

We could draw this fancy wind animation on the map. It gives a good feeling, almost like the lava lamps from the 60s. Quite a bit of work though…

Any chance of alternative nav log output formats? EuroFPL has a few to choose from.

EKRK, Denmark

Michael_J wrote:

Any chance of alternative nav log output formats? EuroFPL has a few to choose from.

I concur with you, it would be great.

The best would even be the possibility of making his own template with some special coded fields, but I think this is a lot to implement.

LFBZ, France

JasonC wrote:

Autorouter already includes GFS wind data I think, what exactly are you looking for?

ECMWF considerably differs from GFS data. It would be nice to have the Windy map as an option to see how your route is affected by weather.

I just spent an hour to add to favorites all of my waypoints along the route at Windy. You can see that vertical clouds cut is really different to GFS graphical form:

It’s just really time consuming to manually copy/paste weather from every waypoint. It would be nice if you could somehow add to the Autorouter ECMWF data from Windy.

jeff64 wrote:

I concur with you, it would be great.

The best would even be the possibility of making his own template with some special coded fields, but I think this is a lot to implement.

I’d like to see that, too. In fact I have an open support ticket with this request since two years. As it is still open, I guess the Autorouter team at least considers it.

Actually, I’d be happy to have the nav log data exportable so that I could import it into a nav log of my own.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

superet100 wrote:

I just spent an hour to add to favorites all of my waypoints along the route at Windy. You can see that vertical clouds cut is really different to GFS graphical form:

How do you get that vertical cross-section in Windy?

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

chrisparker wrote:

I just added to favorites all my waypoints along the route and then quickly took a partial screenshot (with “SnagIt” software) of every point , then I merged everything in Paint.

chrisparker wrote:

Click anywhere you want, in the pop-up click on “Show forecast for this location”, a tab opens at the bottom of the page with a normal forecast, next to “display” select “airgram”.
ESMK, Sweden

Arne wrote:

Click anywhere you want, in the pop-up click on “Show forecast for this location”, a tab opens at the bottom of the page with a normal forecast, next to “display” select “airgram”.

Brilliant, thanks. I didn’t know that existed!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message