Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Atlantic crossing notebook

This site has some useful notes on GA transatlantic crossings

https://xpda.com/flyingtoeurope/

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Horrible, but was on commercial carriers…..

Your old hangar space is currently occupied by a Challenger being repainted…………unless that’s yours ;-)

Oxford and Bidford

Ahh, the plot thickens. When will all be revealed?….

Is it required with a HF radio below FL250 on the Greenland-Goose Bay leg?

Goose Bay from Greenland will take you through the Gander OCA, so HF is required.
No HF means crossing further north. BGSF-CYFB is the most favoured route. It will also mean avoiding Shannon OCA but that’s no problem if routing Scotland-Iceland.

Avgas is available in BGJN also (pumped from bowser).

220kts.com has some useful information to get you started.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

EGTK Oxford

You back in the UK, Jason? If so, how was return trip?

It is pretty straightforward, below 250 without HF I think you need to go via Iqualuit. If you PM me I can talk to you over the phone about it.

EGTK Oxford

We are considering ferrying a C210 across to the USA.
Where could we find the information on legal requirements etc

Is it required with a HF radio below FL250 on the Greenland-Goose Bay leg?

spirit49
LOIH

Canada and Turtle tanks. I had heard about a year ago that Canada is no longer accepting Turtle tanks. Is there any truth to this?

KHTO, LHTL

That is not correct. There are many Tips flying that dont have Spar cracks. There has never been a failure of the attachment point, cracks yes, failure no. Perhaps with TS penetration but it was not documented that it failed right there. There are 8 planes that generated that AD and I believe 3 or 4 had Tips the rest didnt. Since the AD inspection there has been no other reported cracks found if memory serves me right. That is why Michael is convinced it is a maintenance issue as well as what he uncovered after speaking to the maintenance facilities that had the spar cap issue 6 in Australia.

KHTO, LHTL
84 Posts
Sign in to add your message