Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AOPA: Germany to extend Cessna SID deadline until June 2015 (2018)

I am pretty sure that I will learn a lot and hopefully not all will be bad experiences.
I know that some unexpected expenses are yet to come however I don’t think that refraining myself to go ahead is the option. If a repair of 10 or 20k is needed I will react and find a solution. Maybe will have to ground it for a while, maybe I will have to dismantle and sell the plane part by part. Worst case scenario I will lose the plane cost, it’s not the end of the world, but it will be a hell of an experience. I don’t want to wait 10 years until I have 20k in my back pocket for anything that may occur. I am allowing 5k/year for ownership costs, dry. I think its reasonable. I am also planning to sell a share of it.

Berlin EDAY

Tiagoarne wrote:

If a repair of 10 or 20k is needed I will react and find a solution.

In fairness, it’s more of a question of when it comes and how often, rather than if.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Deadline extended to 30.06.2018. Not kidding.

Germany just released a new NfL, NfL 2-343-17: http://www.lba.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/NfLs/Technik/NfL_2-343-17.html

After the Cessna SID deadline of 31.12.2015, they now released this NfL on 10.05.2017, the deadline got extended to 30.06.2018.

There is no typo: They actually extended a deadline that has passed two years ago. The LBA writes that this new NfL extends the deadline due to the alleviations of the coming Part-ML. Obviously a legal basis to prescribe the SIDs never existed in the first place but they finally found an excuse to go public with the alleviation.

33 Posts
Sign in to add your message