Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AOPA: Germany to extend Cessna SID deadline until June 2015 (2018)

Tiagoarne wrote:

So it’s like gambling

Dealing with authorities is always a bit like gambling and you have to pay the fee.

United Kingdom

Just recycling this topic.
As told before, I am about to purchase my first plane, therefore a little bit in the dark.

I’ve found another one that might meet my needs, is swedish registration and I am living in Germany. Any major advantage in changing it to D-reg ?

I have the impression that is not too complicated to change tail numbers between EASA state members, so maybe I can do it later, or it is smoother to do it now at the time of the transaction ?

Last Edited by Tiagoarne at 17 Jul 08:54
Berlin EDAY

If you’re sub 1200kg (i.e. ELA1), Germany is the best register in EASA. LBA has already published the new ELA 1 rules which means owner discretion for component lifetime.

Agree. As far as I have heard many times (here and elsewhere), SE-reg is a nightmare, in terms of TBOs, "mandatory’ service bulletins and the like.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 17 Jul 09:08
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes it is sub 1200kg, I understand that LBA from now on gives maximum flexibility, but my question is, in which way Swedish CAA regulation is worst ? If it is major inspections like SID’s or TBO limits, than it’s clear that I have to change, if it is common scheduled inspections requirements than I guess it’s fine, I will be happy to do them.

Berlin EDAY

Thanks boscomantico you have just answered my questions.

What about the correct timing to do this change ? During sale or afterwards is fine ?

Berlin EDAY

You can do it after the sale, it is fairly easy for a standard CofA aircraft. There are forms on the LBA web page, you need to supply a letter from the Swedish CAA that the aircraft was deregistered. If I was the seller, I would certainly not de-register it before the deal is done.

Last Edited by achimha at 17 Jul 09:32

Why this distrust? We are all honest guys, aren’t we?

Last Edited by europaxs at 17 Jul 09:53
EDLE

Once you lose 6-digit amounts and almost your company, you will revisit your approach to trust, I guarantee you

I would certainly not de-register it before the deal is done.

Absolutely correct.

When selling a plane, you must never take on responsibility for problems which the buyer might find based on stuff he wants to do (e.g. a registry transfer).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message