Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Another question about the Eurocontrol IFPS FP validation

I was fiddling with AR for a flight soon and I got this, which seems to answer your question @arj1 ? maybe someone had taken your feedback into account?

Not flying it though at FL100: I hate to be controlled in IMC inside in LTMA inside the icing band, C172 engine & wings hates it as well !
Why looking for troubles? is IFR-IFR separation that important? if yes then don’t go up top mix with lot of heavy weights

In winter with icing, I prefer to keep low profile: depart on SID, fly OCAS IFR via Dieppe, Dover, Margate, Southend and follow M25 like a car (along that route one can go down as low as 1500ft amsl if icing is their concern, it’s bellow the radar just like smuggling something )

LFOP N0097F100 BANTI3N BANTI H22 ABB T22 RATUK L613 SANDY M189 LYD EGML

LFOP N0097F100 BANTI3N BANTI H22 ABB T22 RATUK L613 SANDY N57 LAM EGTR

Last Edited by Ibra at 03 Nov 09:40
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Hi @ibra, no, sorry my question was for the other way around EGTR-LFOP.

Another interesting one was raised elsewhere: EBOS-EGLD. Eurcontrol sends traffic the wrong way around, north over North Sea (unless you go via France and double your mileage).

EGTR

Sorry, I forgot it’s the return flight, my bad

@ibra, what the pilot is supposed to do in that case? Ask NM to create a custom FP for you? The question is somewhat theoretical, as this is for my IR learning.

EGTR

Me? I have no issues with flying over water as long as I don’t have to change fuel tanks in the middle

I will just file in AR as is and ask ATC to bypass while flying (before you ask if I lose com, set 7600 and I do what I like )
If it does not work, I would ask to leave airspace by descent and route on shortest crossing

arj1 wrote:

@ibra, what the pilot is supposed to do in that case? Ask NM to create a custom FP for you?

Why not? Or ask NM to force your flightplan into the system. They did once for me when the only reasonable flight plan failed to validate. Of course, it may depend on the nature of the restriction you’re having trouble with.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message