Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Another Newbie

Hi All

My name is Roger; I am a Shoreham-based pilot, having flown from this lovely airfield for the last 35 years. After over 600 hours VFR flying, (the last 7 in a much-loved Reims Rocket)I have just acquired a small share in my mate’s Glass-cockpit IFR Robin DR401. I am now seriously contemplating going back to school to get an IMC Rating in order to legally use some of the lovely kit she has fitted! I am also a member of the Charlie Alpha Group, who operate a very economical PA28, so I can still keep current on ‘steam’ instruments.

Looking forward to getting involved & swapping stories!

Hello Roger. Welcome. Get the IMC done, you won’t regret it. It’s very enjoyable – well, I thought so anyway – it’s a nice precision flying challenge and is immensely useful in the UK for getting out to somewhere with better weather and for getting home again when the weather here still hasn’t improved.

There seems to be a EuroGA chapter establishing at Shoreham. I’ll have to drop in soon and say hello.

EGTT, The London FIR

Hello Roger

Yes – they seem to be breeding. I hope someone doesn’t start selling shares in my plane which was yesterday parked right next to the Robin

The IMC Rating is brilliant. It will give you a lot more confidence for going places, and not just within the UK. And that comment is only partly tongue in cheek – even legal VFR is often fully instrument flying e.g. haze over the sea, anytime there is no horizon, night flight, etc.

I live and work 20 mins away from EGKA, so let me know…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message