Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Falco

N212SF was the one I mentioned, not an Alfred Scott plane. See March 2005 EAA Vintage Airplane Link Here. The article mentions the Alfred Scott factory built plane and that it was put into Experimental Exhibition, whereas this one went into standard category. The restorer has since sold the plane to somebody else.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 06 May 14:59

yep, good info Silvaire… so it looks like at least 2 escapee made it across the pond

ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Interesting that the MTOW is 854kg when I believe that’s only for aircraft fitted with IO360.

Forever learning
EGTB

Incidentally, I flew mine for the first time in 5 years this week. I was a tad nervous!

Forever learning
EGTB

hey @Stickandrudderman, sincere congrats! So the mythical Falco ( ) is fact, and finally flies, again, cool.
Happy for you, and the community. How about a report on SPFF, I’m sure everyone would be interested…

For me the F8L is still the sexiest (wifey screaming in the background: “how can a d..mn airplane be sexy, beats me”), aircraft alive, period. Looked at my ex (…) a couple of weeks ago, and man, those razor sharp wings, stabiliser surfaces, slender body, woah, as in WHOA

Hope you’ll find time to enjoy her now, and wer’e all waiting for eye watering pictures now…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Thanks Dan,
I’ll get a few hours under my belt and write a few words & pictures.
I’m particularly interested to see if the shiny new repaint as against the terrible aerosol job that went before has any effect on numbers.

Forever learning
EGTB

Also interested to hear more about your Falco @Stickandrudderman

Definitely a bucket list plane to own

United Kingdom

Stickandrudderman wrote:

I flew mine for the first time in 5 years this week

Well done! Pics please!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Dan wrote:

For me the F8L is still the sexiest (wifey screaming in the background: “how can a d..mn airplane be sexy, beats me”), aircraft alive, period. Looked at my ex (…) a couple of weeks ago, and man, those razor sharp wings, stabiliser surfaces, slender body, woah, as in WHOA

@Dan a friend with a great deal of relevant experience (more than anybody else I know) mentioned to me yesterday that the Falco does not have as much performance as one might assume given its retractable gear, small cabin and slightly unforgiving nature – “about the same as an RV”. I countered that the RV would likely have more power (180 versus 160 HP) and he replied that a 160 HP Falco would not perform like a 180 HP RV, more like a 160 HP RV. What’s your experience? Thanks

Last Edited by Silvaire at 14 Aug 18:33
Sign in to add your message