Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Falco

Wow, that is cheap.
If I didn’t already own one I’d be all over that.

Forever learning
EGTB

Yep, that is incredibly cheap. Current Planecheck offerings are around 100K.

Bordeaux

How absolutely awful to read this…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Silvaire wrote:

N944BW came up for sale on Barnstormers yesterday, for $30K as a result of the owners illness. Link
(I have no knowledge of the aircraft or connection with the owner)

Thanks
I have transferred the info. If he will go for it he will need someone to look at it, then, can it be registered in the UK?

Mine was built in the USA and then imported (ferried!) so yes, it is possible.

Last Edited by Stickandrudderman at 06 Dec 23:40
Forever learning
EGTB

How much is the contaner shipping?

A ferry is of the order of 10k and not many would do it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Stickandrudderman wrote:

Mine was built in the USA and then imported (ferried!) so yes, it is possible.

Just got of the phone talking with him. He said that earlier today he talked with the LAA and it seems to be a real pain with no guaranties. He will have to prove that the aircraft was built by an armature builder, that the aircraft is true to the plans with no alterations and something else which I just cant remember, as a result he decided to get off this idea. On the other hand he found one for sale in the UK but in my opinion the asking price of £80k is too high especially as there will be a need for about another £15k investment. Luckily it is his decision and not mine. Saying that, if he buys I will be able to fly it for the cost of fuel only

None of those requirements are onerous.
The build history of that aircraft is reasonably well known in the Falco community. The 80K for a UK one may be a little higher than average but still nowhere near the 30K (landed) for the one for sale.
Seriously, anyone considering buying a Falco should jump at this (subject to inspection of course).
If it were me I’d be looking to secure it unseen with a refundable deposit. In fact if I had somewhere to put it I’d probably have already done that.

Forever learning
EGTB

Stickandrudderman

You should have a P.M. Your reply pushed me deeper than i meant.

Sold already!

Forever learning
EGTB
Sign in to add your message