Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SR22 operating costs

USFlyer, I’m terribly sorry but I get the impression you may be active in sales and marketing.
Just a hunch….

I may sound like a cheerleader, but I am not in sales…I own a Flight Design CTLSi (full disclosure), but am a fan of Cirrus, Diamond and the new C4. I am a former engineer and quick adopter of new tech. I like competition and innovation – both elements found at Flight Design, Pipistrel, Diamond, Garmin, Cirrus but not at Cessna, Piper or in any of the ancient aircraft or old nav systems from the past.

Last Edited by USFlyer at 09 Dec 23:37

So basically you tend to chose fashion over technological reasoning?

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Read it again….I am a tech expert…I even worked at Garmin once on a contract and wrote some drivers for them. The aircraft I own now is state of the art, dual glass, dual ADHRS, ADS-B, GPS nav, BRS chute, carbon fiber, fuel injected, ECU (FADEC) control. What are you flying?

Last Edited by USFlyer at 10 Dec 00:20

So you are a software engineer then?

I don’t know why that would matter, but I fly everything with at least one sound wing.

Last Edited by mh at 10 Dec 00:29
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

mh wrote:

So basically you tend to chose fashion over technological reasoning?

Well, anyone who says he likes multiple airplanes (including Cirrus and Diamond) from different manufacturers without a nasty word about other airplanes, earns a point in my heart. And that does not make him a fashion victim.

LFPT, LFPN

USFlyer wrote:

Read it again….I am a tech expert…I even worked at Garmin once on a contract and wrote some drivers for them.

In the glass cockpit thread you stated that AHRS units didn’t have CPU or RAM, and that the only way to do firmware updates was to physically remove hardware and send it back to the manufacturer.

You also stated that the G1000 firmware was more than a decade old which is nonsense. Bits of it might be, but the firmware as a whole is updated regularly.

I don’t know what field you’re a tech expert in, but it isn’t embedded control systems from the past two decades!

My general rule is that those who describe themselves as an “expert” online usually aren’t.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

G3000 is in the M600. I would expect that in the Cirrus too.

PA46s have two PFDs (or six packs) and G3000 is intended for turbine aircraft which M600 is. Quite different from an SR22. AFAIK G2000 is built from the same components (roughly speaking), it just has only one PFD and one controller instead of two PFDs and two controllers in a typical configuration. I would think the real difference is in certification, something similar to G600 vs. G500. There might be some limitations on configuration. But I can’t imagine Cirrus would put second PFD in an SR22. Second controller, maybe with the integrated standby instrument function, perhaps, I can see that. Would you need G3000 just to do that? Don’t know (but it would surprise me).

Last Edited by Martin at 10 Dec 09:32

You could be right Martin. I guess panel space would be too small for the dual PFD setup.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message