Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aircraft reviews from Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 2024

I didn’t get the change to sit in the Bristell B23 because I got fed up of waiting, but looks like it would have ample head room too.

Too bad you didn’t stop by at FlySto’s booth. No waiting time at all to sit in a B23T.

always learning
LO__, Austria

boscomantico wrote:

Seeing the issues that Bristell and FligthtDesign are having getting the IFR certification makes the Tecnam effort (with the P-Mentor being approved since 2022) ever so much more remarkable.

My guess is that it was easier because of the metal airframe, but that is just a guess.

I like the P-Mentor, but 100HP seems too limiting to me, and the big killer for me was that my head hits the top of the canopy. (I’m 1.84m, but relatively short legs and long torso.) I fit much better in the Elixir and really love the visibility. I didn’t get the change to sit in the Bristell B23 because I got fed up of waiting, but looks like it would have ample head room too.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

boscomantico wrote:

Bristell still don‘t have the IFR certification

I asked about that too. Person on the stand claimed two to three months, but I certainly wouldn’t count on that.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

boscomantico wrote:

I talked to the builder/owner of the homebuilt one that was exhibited. Possibly the wrong person to speak to about this, but it was still disappointing. Anyway, let‘s wait for CS certification, and hope they will see it through.

Should have talked to Iztok, he could tell you. When I see what he’s done to get the Turbine powered aircraft launched, I’m confident he will see it through. In case you weren’t aware, the turbine powered aircraft has already been sold to owners in Africa where access to AvGas or Super 95 couldn’t be assured hence something burning Jet A1 made more sense.

Intriguing is now the fact that they are looking to have this engine approved for Hydrogen……

EDL*, Germany

I talked to the builder/owner of the homebuilt one that was exhibited. Possibly the wrong person to speak to about this, but it was still disappointing. Anyway, let‘s wait for CS certification, and hope they will see it through.

I was not interested in the turbine version, so I didn‘t even look at it closely.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 22 Apr 19:53
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Gogetair750. Felt rather comfortable. I quite like the aircraft. The representative wasn’t able to give clear infos of overflight rights in various European countries for the factory-built version.

I’m surprised at that statement, with whom did you speak? At the same time, what did you think about the Turbine version?

EDL*, Germany

I haven’t noticed any problems with the blocked view on the P-mentor. Even at 1m92
I found the visibility to be amazing. It might have to do with that i have little low wing experience in the last 14 years since my training.

EBZW, Belgium

Tecnam has considerably more resources it seems.

always learning
LO__, Austria

No, I didn‘t get anywhere close to the Junkers.

The textron guy I spoke to mumbled mumbled something about certification next year. As we all know, in non marketing speak, this effectively means „we have no clue when it will happen“.

Speaking of certifications, Bristell still don‘t have the IFR certification. What a joke, after several years saying it was imminent. Instead, they brought the Turbine version and the E-version, so they don‘t have to talk about the shame with the lacking IFR certification (and the unsolved engine problems with the carburetted Rotax 912 engine) so much.

Seeing the issues that Bristell and FligthtDesign are having getting the IFR certification makes the Tecnam effort (with the P-Mentor being approved since 2022) ever so much more remarkable.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 21 Apr 08:52
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Arne wrote:

they are on the final stretch towards certification.

Europe really needs to wake up. It’s ASTM (from USA) that’s the new standard for GA, and no certification is needed.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message