Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aircraft reviews from Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 2024

boscomantico wrote:

I talked to the builder/owner of the homebuilt one that was exhibited. Possibly the wrong person to speak to about this, but it was still disappointing. Anyway, let‘s wait for CS certification, and hope they will see it through.

Should have talked to Iztok, he could tell you. When I see what he’s done to get the Turbine powered aircraft launched, I’m confident he will see it through. In case you weren’t aware, the turbine powered aircraft has already been sold to owners in Africa where access to AvGas or Super 95 couldn’t be assured hence something burning Jet A1 made more sense.

Intriguing is now the fact that they are looking to have this engine approved for Hydrogen……

EDL*, Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Bristell still don‘t have the IFR certification

I asked about that too. Person on the stand claimed two to three months, but I certainly wouldn’t count on that.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

boscomantico wrote:

Seeing the issues that Bristell and FligthtDesign are having getting the IFR certification makes the Tecnam effort (with the P-Mentor being approved since 2022) ever so much more remarkable.

My guess is that it was easier because of the metal airframe, but that is just a guess.

I like the P-Mentor, but 100HP seems too limiting to me, and the big killer for me was that my head hits the top of the canopy. (I’m 1.84m, but relatively short legs and long torso.) I fit much better in the Elixir and really love the visibility. I didn’t get the change to sit in the Bristell B23 because I got fed up of waiting, but looks like it would have ample head room too.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

I didn’t get the change to sit in the Bristell B23 because I got fed up of waiting, but looks like it would have ample head room too.

Too bad you didn’t stop by at FlySto’s booth. No waiting time at all to sit in a B23T.

always learning
LO__, Austria
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message