Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Beechcraft V35A Bonanza

That is a beautiful “V” @Vref ! You even have TKS and extended range! Care to walk us a bit through your craft (engine, avionics, fuel capacity/range, performance…)? Plse do direct us elsewhere if you already posted !

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Thanks Antonio, I bought this vessel more than 11 years ago from a French gentleman. It had non of the STCs. I saw the potential. It had a good auto pilot which was the top of APs at that time a Century 41 with FD and go around modes, IO520BA ..The first thing I did was make it N reg with a new interior, eagle drains and a gnc255 and liquid air baffles from Gami. A year or two after that tip tanks 2x 20 gallons plus the 74 mains, it has transfer pumps. A bit later I installed a sn3500 integrated with everything reusing the kln90b. I have a WX1000 storm scope with nav mode it shows the fpln legs. I have G4 engine monitor. I burn 11.5 at FL100 and 158 TAS I lost about 3 kts with TKS installed in 2018, but my engine is old also, but still running fine. It has limited glass but I am fine with that. I use a portable O2 system when alone above FL 50 on longer flights more than two hours. Max take off weight is 3600 lbs. Of course fully loaded with fuel your limited in pax and luggage. But still three is possible with range longer than your bladder can stand. I once had an issue with EHSI enroute from Belgium to Hungary. It failed abeam Munich, I just returned 180 flew all the way back with radar vectors no issue…114 gallons brings you a long way…

EBST

@Vref so you did the TKS upgrade? May I ask how long it took and how many AMUs you had to use?

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Yes I did, it took a month or two if I recall. I zeroed the prop before TKS install. The company who did the install did a very good job but told me they will never do it again for this price. The kit that CAV delivered required some serious adjustments and basically they worked a week longer on it. PM me for the details. You can read the article on the CAV website. They asked me to write an article in 2020..

EBST

Vref wrote:

You can read the article on the CAV website

It took me a while but I found it TKS_Installation_for_Beechcraft_Bonanza_1_pdf

Thanks for taking the time to document! Seems similar to the report by @Peter in that installation is all but straightforward.

With 7USG fluid this surely turns your V35 into a capable IFR tourer!

Antonio
LESB, Spain
65 Posts
Sign in to add your message