Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Prop clearance TBM

I always knew there had to be a reason why God meant propeller aircraft to be taildraggers…man only made it worse by adding a nose wheel…
The reverse is true of jets, though it also took a couple of tests to realize that…I fear we will never get to realize the former…

Last Edited by Antonio at 07 Sep 08:27
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Another way of saying it is: if God had meant aircraft to be tricycle gear he would have installed (a) jet engine(s) on them all.

I am not sure if it is universal, but this to paraphrase the Spanish saying that if God had meant man to fly it would given us wings.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Perhaps this is a better angle to show the prop clearance.

I fly into Goodwood, Venice Lido, etc…with no issues.

That being said, the PC12 is better suited for unpaved runways.

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

David, neither of those show the ground clearance. The upper pic has the two blades equidistant from the ground, and the video shows absolutely nothing. Can you get a version of the photo with the prop rotated just a little, say 1/10 of 360 degrees?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is the best I will get tonight lying on the sofa…:) All photos I have are with a well positioned prop of course!!

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

That one has a much more gassed-up nose strut than the photo in post #1, and as a result the prop clearance looks like, what do you think, 20cm?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The clearance is 20cm. From TBM handbook:

Last Edited by loco at 07 Sep 20:13
LPFR, Poland
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message