Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

USA seller’s market: are we reaching Peak Cherokee

My impression is that the center of the US market has risen significantly, with Cessna 4 seaters and Cherokees being the center of the center. It’s a buying trend driven by ‘get it while you can’ economic apprehension, autonomy and weekend transportation, not by enthusiastic experimentation. The further you go away from everyman’s plane the less the effect, but it’s still there to a lesser degree. I could see price rises broadening as people look for options.
Last Edited by Silvaire at 27 Apr 14:15

…here is an unmolested (original paint and interior) non Mode S Beech Bonanza.

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?category_level1=Single+Engine+Piston&make=BEECHCRAFT&model=V35B+BONANZA&listing_id=2393091&s-type=aircraft

It is de rigeur that your V tail has to be either the fastest or ‘the fast one’.

Asking $325k, Vref might struggle to get to $170k

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Those seats are something else, love them!

EGLM & EGTN

I think that is the suburban tweed :)

Some 1970’s Bonanza interior channelled a Ford LTD velour interior with groovy colours, probably straight out of Shaft.

Unfortunately the nice fashion touches of Mrs Beech were preserved for the 1950’s and 1960’s.

It has the Atlantic Aero conversion with 2000Hrs TBO and this one is low time, thats a 100K STC, full glass, scimitar prop, 325 is indeed over the top but this one could go easily over 200K …220K, No tip tanks or any de-ice ….

EBST

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=51120
planecheck_EC_GBO_51120_pdf

A 1995 Warrior for EUR160k plus VAT.

I still monitor the USA listings for Beech 35 and 33 and quite a few not selling (and taken off the classifieds, you can check completed sales via the FAA) or reducing prices in $5 and $10k steps.

Expect the market is cooling down somewhat.

https://barnstormers.com/classified-1672854-Super-cub-PA-18.html?catid=21147

As they say in il bel paese caspita!

Will we be seeing the $500k Cessna 185 soon?

@WF mark your pristine 206 up…now!

Wow! This thread prompted me to look up planes like mine (182 RG). I have mine (TR182) valued at $120K for insurance, but I see just two examples both on the market at $179K. That would have been unthinkable not very long ago.

LFMD, France

RobertL18C wrote:

Will we be seeing the $500k Cessna 185 soon?

@WF mark your pristine 206 up…now!

A timely remark indeed. We have now got the half-million-dollar 185 that we needed to see as a waypoint to the moon.

I was blown away by the €125k Cessna FA150K I spotted this week on Planecheck. It was making our TR182 at €120 odd look decidedly good value. The price of young-timer classic cars and boats here in Ireland has doubled in the last 12 months. You couldn’t buy either now. Buyers are still not travelling to see aeroplanes on commercial tickets as they used to do at a moments notice. Once we see freedom of movement on commercial flights who knows where prices will go. I’ll stick with the pricing on the 206 and stay preparing it for a notional ferry crossing, even though it will likely go via 40ft to its eventual new home.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I got into my share of a 172 at a valuation of £65k after some others walked away as it was “too expensive”. Whether it is or not is moot, like any other asset if you want it there’s a price to pay, and haggling over 1-2k is immaterial given overall costs IMHO.

Suits me for now as the share price is (and I appreciate my situation) “hobby money” but if I were to buy something I think @WF would be my first point of call; budget almost allows but sense precludes either the 206 or the 182 he has.

Denham, Elstree, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message