Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

After years of contemplating...

Can’t wait to hear about IFR trips in it too! :)

Congrads, and I wish you a lot trainings and nice flights in it! :)

LQVI,LJMB

So you finally decided against a Europa. You’ll regret it, believe me ;-)

No, seriously-congratulations! And the color doesn’t look that bad on the photo ;-)

EDLE

Dimme wrote:

Where is the fat one?

I was asking myself the same question

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Thank you all, you made my day!

WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

So you intend on actually flying her, not only own it? Just jocking of course, and congrats :-)

Thank you! I want to make it up to Norway some day.

Silvaire wrote:

Looks like a solid plane with the right boxes ticked.
Congratulations

Thanks a lot!

172driver wrote:

Congrats, Snoopy !!!

PS: you really gotta get rid of that D-reg, LOL !!

Haha, if there is a sister ship coming it will go to OE-

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Hey Snoopy, this totally makes my day!

Thanks Mooney!

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Now of course we expect panel pics and a good write up on the good old Piper!

For the seats and if you need yokes call our common friend in Graz, He can give you directions.

Already in ctc with SS regarding the seats.

aart wrote:

You deserve an airplane

This is the best thing I’ve ever read online ;)

aart wrote:

Hope to be able to welcome you one day over here.

I gotta start looking for rafts ;)

Dimme wrote:

Where is the fat one?

Don’t we all lie on our W&B calcs? ;)

slowflyer wrote:

good choice of platform for your requirements. Looking forward to follow you in finding out what can be improved.
Enjoy your new toy.

The list is growing. Some small stuff we will tinker with now (mostly cosmetics, seats, lights, circuit breaker labels etc.. and a new dose of ACF50 etc..). And before spending lots of money on avionics we’ll fly it and see how it works out for us. And then opt for a G5 here and there, maybe a GNC355… who knows ;)

It has a GNS530 and GI106, so whatever I dare to do in this kind of plane it can do already, LOAN, LOAV, LOWZ and LOIJ are LNAV only anyway. It also has ADS-B out and displays traffic including Flarm (I’ve had my fair share of Glider rendezvous) on the GNS530, which I think is pretty nice to have!

Jujupilote wrote:

Can’t wait to read your reports. Especially about IFR in a 160hp fp plane.
It is not affected by the piper AD, is it ? Do you plan to conduct the eddy current inspections nonetheless ?

The 160hp are a good excuse to fly these “we can’t make the required climb gradient” SIDs which lead you back over the airport fix, to enter a holding and climb in the hold until reaching cruising altitude ;).

I spend time practicing/instructing basic IFR, attitude flying, pitch and power, trimming etc.. in planes that cost upwards of 250€ an hour to rent. For IFR training, especially the first 10 hours, speed isn’t really required. Of course, if someone rents a plane and pays by the minute and actually wants to go somewhere, that’s a different story.
For my personal usecase, I need a plane that can fly IFR so I can cross the LJLJ TMA straight through on my way to LJPZ and onwards.
;)
I also want to grab a sleeping bag and a tent and fly VFR from grass field to grass field in Italy (e.g. following the Tagliamento Valley from LOWK via Udine down to LIKE). One simply doesn’t do that stuff when renting and paying by the minute.

Since the wings are copies of Hershey chocolate bars, it’s not affected by the AD. Will plan the eddy current inspection anyway though. Have an offer for 750€.

Peter wrote:

Now you can come to our fly-ins with the appropriate amount of street cred

I can’t wait to join and complain about maintenance costs over a nice dinner ;) ;) ;)
For the mediterranean-area fly ins, let me know when you depart EGKA, I’ll leave here as well and we should land about the same time (haha).

ermajn wrote:

Can’t wait to hear about IFR trips in it too! :)

Congrads, and I wish you a lot trainings and nice flights in it! :)

Thank you! I’ll do some write ups.

europaxs wrote:

So you finally decided against a Europa. You’ll regret it, believe me ;-)

No, seriously-congratulations! And the color doesn’t look that bad on the photo ;-)

Everything has pros and cons. I wanted something light IFR capable, inexpensive (fixed gear/prop), common… and avoid paying 250€ after an hour of touch and goes for landing fees. For now, it fits the wallet and plans.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 22 Mar 20:44
always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Already in ctc with SS regarding the seats.

he might want to fly it too…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

he might want to fly it too…

Maybe he wants to get his IR ticket ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

This is great! I’m sure you made a good choice. Soon we can meet at a fly in :-)

LPFR, Poland

Congratulations @Snoopy! Great to read, that you have found your baby. I hope to meet you somewhen within on one of the mentioned grassfields.

EDDS , Germany

Congrats Snoopy, some great flying is waiting for you !

PS: if you like that color, my aunt handed me 30 shirts of my uncle from 1960 to wear but did not find a mount that match them

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Excellent news! I really enjoyed your Portorož write up so looking forward to more

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message