Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cheap airplanes to buy, own and fly thread

@WilliamF wrote:

The real Aiglon man is Bill Hall from the Air Squadron. He has done more hours than almost any other ppl in Europe with his. Something in the region of 10k hours for a ppl is pretty impressive.

Is he the one that bought his new a long time ago? I think I met him in Italy a few years ago. He flew back to the UK with a stop in LIPV.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Does this fall under cheap to buy?

AFAIK, it’s the only single engine piston certified for 31kft
Although not RVSM approved

planecheck_G_JBRD_52790_pdf

[ url fixed ]

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

While not really cheap, it definitely falls into over 200 (knots) for under 200 (k€) category.

EDQH, Germany

Let’s call it the “200 club”: above FL200, faster than 200kts and cheaper than 200k

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

That is for sale a long time, there’s also that M20K Encore conversion in Spain that just won’t sell. A lot of speed for your money, if you ask me.

EHTE, Netherlands

Bobo wrote:

That is for sale a long time

Usually it’s not a good indicator of the that, when a very nice plane stays for months. Actually the ad says it “is back” after been on sale for some time, which again more suspicious. But I admit it is looking like a great plane… It’s advertising 228 kn in altitude, any idea of the consumption?
Looking at it more closely, does it have the original fuel tank of the encore? 76USG for such a big engine doesn’t give it so much endurance. You actually need to climb oxy levels to get more speed and range.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 17 Feb 09:07
LFMD, France

There are a lot of stuck aircraft on the for sale market either because

- asking too much
- lack of logs/STCs paperwork
- registered in an unhelpful bureaucratic register

An example is a beautiful well presented S35 Bonanza sold in minutes ($120k), while an overpriced V35 ($200k) will languish.

The market is awash with hangar queens asking 50% to 100% above Vref.

In 2020 the V-tail market looked cheap, good examples have probably doubled in value since then.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

planecheck_N5RC_52742_pdf
1969 Musketeer (180hp, FP, FG)
That could be a good project, if you don’t look for speed or short-field performance.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

That could be a good project, if you don’t look for speed or short-field performance.

This is a good indicator of the current market.

A project like this, with de facto no usable radios and in the need of TLC, is the stuff that is seen in “Jimmy’s World”. 40k used to be the price for a lovely cared for and up to date airplane 2-3 years ago. Now they ask 40k for this.

greg_mp wrote:

Usually it’s not a good indicator of the that, when a very nice plane stays for months. Actually the ad says it “is back” after been on sale for some time, which again more suspicious.

A lot of people muse about selling for a while, put it on the market, take it back off because they don’t get offers or they feel that they wish to continue flying anyway and at some time reality hits so they offer it again. Or he fell foul of a time waster who talked all the talk, so he took it off the market only to disappear after a while.

This is a nice Encore, lovely eqipment and it appears in good condition. Still, close to 200k, so not too many people here in Europe would want to invest.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

RobertL18C wrote:

In 2020 the V-tail market looked cheap, good examples have probably doubled in value since then.

I would not go that far, but looking at some stuff for sale at Beechtalk, Mr Bonanza man .. etc.. Things have gone ballistic it seems. The problem is the huge gap btw the mucho dinero..SR22TNs with some anti-ice and the rest. There is not much available giving similar performance and with TKS for less then 350K U$ in Turbo country. An old Beech TNd will still deliver almost 200Kts on 16-17 gallons @17K…I am still thinking about it… STEP 1 add stby alternator, STEP 2 TN the replacement spare engine…It would cost me min 50K on top of what I have now ..No way I could find a TKS equipped TN cirrus or similar capable other aircraft for this value..I looked at a seneca..but this just doesn’t make sense to fly 50Hrs mostly alone or with 2 with on 20 GPH for 4 Hrs per leg with 160KTS TAS. An a mooney encore would maybe fit the bill..but with far less payload……so close to 200 for having Turbo with TKS and limited payload I will keep my Beech :-). I owned an M20J for several years..

Last Edited by Vref at 17 Feb 10:19
EBST
Sign in to add your message