Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2021 - CANCELLED

Honestly, I’d have skipped this year’s event.

EBST, Belgium

Jujupilote wrote:

My opinion : another sign Europe (without UK) is falling back in the global competition.

Have a look what Germany is planning to do on Covid measures. Would you take the risk for a indoor event under the current conditions? I certainly would not. I actually found it ridiculous that they even tried.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Well an event like Sun and fun is pretty crowded, they had an attendance record this year.
AERO was replanned in July, they could have done a more outdoor event. There aren’t more storms in Friedrischafen than in Oshkosh

Airventure is planned as usual with masks only strongly recommended.

My opinion : another sign Europe (without UK) is falling back in the global competition.

LFOU, France

And much of the US is vaccinated. Plus the general population density there is much lower than in Europe.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Apalling when you see Sun ´n Fun just took place normally

Yes but that is pretty much an outdoor event.

EBST, Belgium

Apalling when you see Sun ´n Fun just took place normally

LFOU, France

I won’t hold my breath for 2022 either.

Although one always lives by hope, there are three factors which effect AERO Friedrichshafen which don’t necessarily apply to other gatherings e.g. Fly-Ins:
It attracts large numbers; it is indoors; and it is very International i.e. some attendees are coming from Covid risk countries.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

I won’t hold my breath for 2022 either.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The organizers of the most important general aviation trade fair had hoped to postpone AERO from its usual date in April to July 14-17. After the cancellation in 2020, a Summer Edition should follow in this second Corona year.
But nothing comes of it: The development of vaccines in Germany is too slow; the development of the pandemic has not been slowed down enough. With a heavy heart, the AERO managers Roland Bosch and Tobias Bretzel have to cancel the AERO in Friedrichshafen on Lake Constance for 2021 – exactly on the day on which the regular AERO 2021 would actually have started. “We are now concentrating on the next AERO Friedrichshafen full of optimism and vigor. We are firmly convinced that the upcoming edition will be successful and in the usual size, ”say the organizers. They actually wanted to start with a sophisticated hygiene concept – but the pandemic development does not allow that. (google translate)

They are moving it to April 27th to 30th, 2022.

Very sad – that was always a great get-together for many of us, doubling up as a “fly-in to Germany”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
40 Posts
Sign in to add your message