Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your most awesome flying photo of 2014

A perfect last flight in 2014: New year’s eve in my 1959 Cessna 175 at 12’000 ft over the swiss alps (south of Bern). And in September a memorable flight to the most most beautiful peak in the alps, Mt. Cervin (Matterhorn).

LSZG

Hazy winter day with lots of snow on the ground, right? Actually, sun glint off the Baltic Sea. There’s even a sail boat in the “snow” somewhere.

EDAZ

Not quite from last year, but it was the year end flight postponed due to weather.

This is a high resolution panoramic shot at approximately SUBUS, at FL080 early this afternoon:

I’ve never seen such an ill defined cloud base as today, it just changed gradually from no visibility at 8500ft to okish visibility at 6000ft. But then there was no lapse rate in the lower atmosphere, it was around 0degC from takeoff up to FL080.

But the grass runway kept up very well, and the aircraft didn’t even get dirty:

LSZK, Switzerland

A few of my favourite pictures from 2014 – the first is of an encounter with a glider over the Alps

The next picture is one of my favourites – the baggage collection hall in Pula, Croatia. So what, you might think. However if you zoom in on the TV screen, you’ll see it was a nice touch from the airport – to have my arrival time, the departure point and aircraft registration displayed…..

This one is a picture of Tivat Airport looking past Porta Montenegra

this is a view of Innsbruck having left the Brenner and turned right into the Inntal.

Finally, most Brits will know this location…..

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 03 Jan 00:37
EDL*, Germany

Day job:

Over Venice, returning from Mali Losinj in May:

Bonanza at Bolt Head, Devon:

Gliding at Lasham in September:

Air-to-Air at Compton Abbas:

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Fantastic, Chris! Love the one of Venice (Wasn’t ML a great fly-in?!)

Bordeaux

Yes, really enjoyed ML. It was the first outing for ’OJ. Hoping to make a couple more fly-ins in 2015.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Amazing photos, though I wasn’t sure if Tom’s scenic IMC one was intentional

Mali Losinj was a brilliant fly-in. It’s going to be very hard to improve on it. But, this year we have

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Looking towards Tholt-y-Will and the Sulby Resevoir from Sky Hill

Mid winter afternoon with the windows open, at the south end of the northern plain not far from North Barrule

(both near Andreas airfield)

Andreas IOM

Flying through the Negev desert in Israel – March 2014

Mauritania – Sahara desert – February 2014

Touring over the old city of Jerusalem at approx. 1500-2000 feet – March 2014

Overhead the Victoria Fall, Zimbamwe – February 2014

Masada, Dead Sea, Israel – March 2014

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 06 Jan 17:57
EDLE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message