Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why new planes will never sell that much.

There’s many other developments also. In Munich, and actually in most big German cities carsharing concepts like “car2go” (by Mercedes) and driveNOW (BMW) are very successful. Only car2go has around 700 smart and other Mercedes cars parked all over the city and they are VERY successful in Munich.

We have three cars, all parked in underground garages near our home in downtown … but if i need to go to the center i take a car2go SMART and it costs me less than the subway ticket to get there, and parking is FREE for carsharing cars! It’s between € 1,40 and € 2,50 to get to the center … The cars open with an iPhone app, all very streamlined and simple. You can even use eleectric BMW i3s, nice BMW convertibles, Minis, nice smaller Mercedes types.

There’s seven of these companies in Munich, one renting small motor scooters, another one bicycles.

If I was a student again and in the city, I would probably not have my own car. In my special case (company 350 km away, airport 70 km away) … I do need a car, but really only for these two destinations.

This does highlight the difference between city dwellers and people living in rural areas / remotely. I simply could not use public transport for most of my day to day activities that require going anywhere.
The same applies with flying, if you’re a fair way away from any major airports etc, GA can provide a huge benefit for getting around.
I’m sure flying would be more popular if the barrier to entry wasn’t so high. Be it price, time, or hassle of exams. The rigid regulation does basically stop development though and maintenance allows aircraft to run nearly indefinitely provided they are maintained properly.

Because they are not worth buying.

Someone sell a C150 replacement that’s running costs are half what we have at the moment and they sell 100’s a year.

43 Posts
Sign in to add your message