Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Which aircraft to buy? TB20 looks good, but...

Dan wrote:

the reason I installed the AV-20S

That’s a neat little instrument! I am tempted to replace my current 2.25" GT-50 clock/G-meter…it is however not plug and play and needs a pitot static leak check after install, as well as running the wiring to the audio panel if you want full functionality (I particularly like the audio bit).

Is the pitot/static hose inserted directly without any connectors?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

I am tempted to replace my current 2.25" GT-50 clock/G-meter…it is however not plug and play and needs a pitot static leak check after install, as well as running the wiring to the audio panel if you want full functionality

Funnily enough, the AV-20S replaced a GT-50 I had on the panel… yes, it needs a leak test on both S & P. I did not install the audio since it’s use is mainly as a back-up ADI.

Antonio wrote:

Is the pitot/static hose inserted directly without any connectors?

It is delivered with two 1/4″ quick connect fittings. Since my whole S & P system uses those, it was just a matter of installing 2 manifolds, and push the cut to length 1/4 hoses into the fittings. If your aircraft, like most certifieds, still uses the old fashion screw on plastic type, or even worse solid lines, you’ll need new fittings.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

AV-20S replaced a GT-50 I had on the panel

What was the saying? Great minds think alike or something to that effect ;)

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Very interresting instrument, as backup but also as an AoA indicator. There no better tool for keeping 1.3Vs…

LFMD, France
124 Posts
Sign in to add your message