Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this weekend? (8th-9th June 2024)

I did my SEP revalidation flight. Not normally exciting, but I haven’t flown for 5 months due to ground damage (it’s still with the insurers). It was also a pain finding FI + aeroplane as the two nearest flying schools have closed; eventually I gave up and went to another airfield and gaaark paid commercial rates. I got the turbo differences signoff, to try to get more value out of it.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Emptied the travel junk that had accumulated after a week of touring southern Italy/Sicily…
YLL was in need of TLC, and a 50h inspection was included in that treatment 👍🏻

Classical view of Marina di Campo, our last nightstop, turning finals

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Cancelled LFNH due to storms, went by train. Fortunately we came back early enough to do a quick T&G at LFAE before the night. Those summer sunset times sure help a lot…

I was hoping to get a nice sunset above the coast, but the air was fairly misty and there were clouds over the Channel. The landscape is quite amazing though. It’s my first real “trip” with a destination where I actually want to go, outside of pure training ! (of course, we didn’t have time to do a full stop, but it’s still a real destination)

Last Edited by maxbc at 10 Jun 10:37
France

Had more IR training…
Photo taken on the way back.

EGTR

Had a nice 300 nm flight cross country yesterday.
Checked out the newest bridge on the Danube:

Then a former Soviet military airport (with Paks NPP in the background.

A racing strip:

All rivers were full:

I never got bored with Balaton:

Clouds had low base:

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

Yearly maintenance and washing good for another year.

And by the way. Should have made a seperate thread, but have to do some more preparation first, this is just a short info. The house on the picture is at ENMO. The strip is 30 m back from where the picture is taken. ENMO is 600 m grass on very hard substrate. It’s possible to rent several cottages there, by the owner of the field (also a pilot and co owner of the Savannah). Perfect for a night or two, or longer. Excellent for fishing and hiking. It’s rather up into the mountains, be prepared to meet reindeer and whatnot also on the strip.

All “normal” SEPs should have no problems on that strip. All aircraft (able to land) are welcome. We can arrange smaller quantities of mogas. 100ll at ENVA about 20 min flight, or Østersund (Sweden, 40-50 min flight).

Just thought I should mention it. In later years there haven’t been many foreigners coming.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

thanks for those infos @LeSving. Might be around this sector sometimes next week…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Yesterday I made a quick hop to LDLO with friends. I don’t claim to be the best photographer but I notice that people who don’t have the experience in areal photography usually make poor pictures. This is the picture my friend made with some pretty decent camera and the rest are even worse I tried to explain reflexion, sun, moving but obviously I’m not good teacher.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Can’t fly due to strong winds over the altisurfaces, we canceled our burger at Gap and took some time to clean the planes. The last rain had a lot of sand/dirt from the Sahara… every cars and planes that were outside are covered with dirt…

LFMD, France

Spent the weekend on Hvar island. To my surprise mine was the only fixed gear aircraft on the LDSH. Absolutely amazing place.

Poland
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message