Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What do you hear in the Bose A20 headset with Bluetooth?

Wondering if there was any advance/new ideas or solutions on this?

Inflight video on iphone, trying to get video narration direct from A20 microphone to the phone.

Not as simple as you’d have thought it would be!

Can the Bose bluetooth connection work for the mike also?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Video narration from A20 direct to phone is dead easy with an Nflightcam cable – available from pilot shops everywhere

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Video narration from A20 direct to phone is dead easy with an Nflightcam cable – available from pilot shops everywhere

Sure, the nflightcam cable works well, but, I’m with Sam – I already have audio into the bluetooth adapter which is already connected to my ipad so I get foreflight alerts. It would be great to find a way to record the audio in the headset to the ipad or another device without the nflightcam cable.

What I do when I want the headset audio is to run the lapel microphone that came with the cheap action camera into the earcup of the headset. Surprisingly good quality, even if ugly.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

I connect my tablet to my A20s via Bluetooth and it reliably plays airspace alerts from SkyDemon. It’s also paired with my handheld radio, so when I turn that on I can start communicating immediately.

United Kingdom

More and more people around here are using ordinary ANR headsets (Bose or Sony) and modify them using this kit from avee for aviation use. From what I am told, these non aviation headset has better noise cancellation than the an20 for instance.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Can’t quite understand why if you have the Bose with Bluetooth that you don’t get music. I certainly do on mine. I guess it’s a model variant thing. It picks music from phone and alerts from the ipad. Plus phone calls. Love mine. Couldn’t be without it.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Hi Sam ! Hope all going well. Got another STOL aircraft ready for any competitions you’re doing. Loved the Knokke job. Jamie.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Pig wrote:

Can’t quite understand why if you have the Bose with Bluetooth that you don’t get music.

The telephone and music functions use different Bluetooth protocols. I have an older Lightspeed Sierra headset which can do telephone but not music over Bluetooth.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The early Bose A20’s only had a telephone capability. Later models also have stereo audio. The earlier model won’t interface with music, but the later models will do both.

Sign in to add your message