Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Finding waypoint data on the www

Ah, c’est magnifique, cher @LV. If you state “every four weeks”, may one assume the maintainer follows the AIRAC cycle?

I’ll give it a look over the next couple of days – no more tonight, though. But yours is the kind of reply I was hoping for! Except of course for the chosen superclevers who will know how to milk the official data from the official sources.

Last Edited by at 03 Dec 21:12
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Yes, I think the webmaster follows the AIRAC cycle, at least for VFR french data

Last time I checked I was able to download all 2,3 and 5 letter waypoints in xml format from EAD. For some reason they came in 4 separate files. And that feature was hidden, I think you had to run a Java Applet on the site or similar to get access to these files. The major problem are the 4 letter waypoints = airports. There seems to be no open reliable source for those.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Peter wrote:

Then there are the Jepp-created ones like GA503 and you won’t likely find those in a database

These waypoints are official and not Jepp-created. I don’t see why they should not be in a database, provided that the database includes terminal waypoints.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Eurocontrol also has the airport data and not only in PDF format :-)

EDLE, Netherlands
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message