Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Problem with website under Android 6.0.1

@JasonC a couple of other quick things… Does it happen on a device when another device connected to the internet at the same time by the same means works? And does it happen on all threads?

The reason I ask is that the Submit button uses Javascript rather than just being a normal submit button. If the Javascript failed to load for some reason, or some other script loaded but parsing of it failed, that would mean the bit which says “Do this when the submit button is pushed” would never get executed. The above questions will rule out a few possibilities of that.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

David wrote:

@JasonC a couple of other quick things… Does it happen on a device when another device connected to the internet at the same time by the same means works?

Yes.

And does it happen on all threads?

Yes.

EGTK Oxford

So has something changed on the site. I am now running the beta of Android N but last week I am sure posting from my mobile device didn’t work, now it does.

Last Edited by JasonC at 26 Apr 20:24
EGTK Oxford

the Submit button uses Javascript rather than just being a normal submit button

Best if you change that.

If your browser doesn’t run JS then about the only website in the world which will still function will be mine

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

If your browser doesn’t run JS

But the problem wasn’t a Javascript one. It was clearly something about how that button is specifically implemented. Never had a problem on any other website.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

So has something changed on the site.

Nope. Am glad it’s working for you now though.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

OK, might have been something new in a beta version of the browser in chrome.

EGTK Oxford
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message