Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sending private mail

We have the option to send private mail to other participants, and it tends to work very well. What I am however missing is the option to see what messages I sent privately to whom, and when.

“cheezz, didn’t I mail such and such privately, and no reply yet? how long has it been, or then perhaps, I only intended to mail but never actually did?”

Last Edited by at 05 Nov 20:26
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

After the first message you will be using your normal email client so presumably that has the messages sent and received. I suppose this is an issue for the first one? We could (optionally?) CC your email account when we send the first message perhaps?

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Jan – did you send a message to a gurl and then forgot which one? That’s death, slow painful death

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Negative Peter, I’ve yet to meet the first gurl round here. If any are about, they must be cleverly disguised as intelligent beings.

That said: both as a pilot and in my job, I have learned to act upon possible weak points before they actually develop into problems… When I still cared about gurls, that lesson hadn’t been learned yet.

@David: yes, a cc. to the sender’s own address sounds like a fine idea. Perhaps make it an option in the user profile?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

For the sake of clarity: of course there are participants of all sexes here, but the word “gurl”, especially in that peculiar spelling, sounds so negative that I would find it quite an insult when applied to anyone here.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

My apologies for using that

I regard it as humorous (my GF uses it re herself, for example, and she has a PhD from the LSE) but I am happy to edit/delete it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No issue, Peter. Your tongue in cheek was quite clear to me, and well appreciated. Perhaps I should have made my own a bit more outspoken.
And as the matter is delicate, and we are in uncharted regions of a language that is a foreign one to some around, I wanted to be on the safe side – I think we are lucky enough to see several lady pilots round here and they should not get any ground for feeling looked down upon.

As for your partner: there are some words one can better use about one’s self than about other people, yes yes.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message