Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Try out the new version of EuroGA

Love the new drag and drop picture facility!!

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

But like everyone, I also have a small wishlist for a new feature – A preview option, so can check out that links work before committing the post.

There is a preview option. It’s the camera icon on the toolbar, just to the left of the upload image button.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

the ‘NEW’ button/text seems to work in a strange intermittent way. It sometimes gets me to the latest post, sometimes to the top of the last page of the relevant thread.

That sounds weird. I’ve not been able to recreate. Can you see if you can pin it down?

Also, even after a refresh/reload, it sometimes shows up, although there were no new posts in a thread.

Misunderstanding here I think – the link doesn’t mean to imply that there are new posts, only that pushing that link will take you to the newest that there is (new being new since you last viewed the thread when you were logged in). It does this rather than what you were perhaps thinking for reasons of efficiency.

Administrator
Though all the white space on the iPad in portrait mode with usernames in the middle, and the icon to the right hand side is still strange, I’ll see if I can post a screenshot.

That shouldn’t be there. I’ve remove it and tested on the iPad and it looks right now. However, I’m not familiar with the browser you’re using in that screenshot, so please do try it and let me know.

By the way, to upload an image on the iPad you must have the advanced editor turned on for tablet or mobile as appropriate. You can set that here

Hi David, it is the Mercury Browser, but now everything looks really fine with white spacing, layout of names and icons etc :-)

now everything looks really fine with white spacing, layout of names and icons

Excellent. Another satisfied customer, that’s what we like.

Administrator

David, not sure if you saw this earlier. I think it should be changed.

It is actually pretty good. Only thing I don’t like is that when you do recent threads, the name and date are that of the OP. It looks like these are old threads when they are actually the new ones. Better if it shows the username and timestamp of the most recent post in the thread.

ie it is essentially the Started not Latest column which shows on the desktop version
EGTK Oxford

not sure if you saw this earlier. I think it should be changed.

Sorry, I did indeed miss it for which I apologise. It’s a good point, but I’m not too sure about it to be honest. For someone with an interest in the thread I agree that the details of the last poster might be of interest (but of course it doesn’t show you who else might have posted on it; so you might see “Mr X” and think I’m not interested in his views, without knowing that the penultimate post which you’ve also not seen was Mr Y who you really like). However, for someone deciding whether to view the thread in the first place it’s probably more important who started it. There are various other features geared to allowing one to keep up with a thread.

Does anyone else have a view? Am happy to change it if people think it would be better that way.

Administrator

I agree with JasonC and it would be better to show the most recent poster and not the OP

I also agree that it would better to show the most recent poster to a thread.

Ok, a couple of updates…

As per the consensus (3:0) I’ve made it so that on a small screen device you see the latest poster and time, and not the original poster and time.

The “New” link on thread listings has been adjusted. Firstly I did spot an edge-case bug which meant it didn’t always take you to the right place. Moreover it now does more like what you would expect (I’m looking at you, 172) – it only shows if there are new posts since you last viewed the thread and if you click it it takes you to the first one posted after you last read. If you’re not logged in it doesn’t appear at all.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message