Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Try out the new version of EuroGA

Though all the white space on the iPad in portrait mode with usernames in the middle, and the icon to the right hand side is still strange, I’ll see if I can post a screenshot.

I don’t seem to have the option to post images from the iPad. I will email to myself and post if from a PC

This is what I see

The site seems to work well….although now a bit annoying on an ipad that when you touch a menu item it first shows the “roll-over” description requiring a second tap to actually activate the link…..also the Socata style use of icons instead of English words (which is I suppose why the French did it on the TBs) is a bit naff!

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Though all the white space on the iPad in portrait mode with usernames in the middle, and the icon to the right hand side is still strange, I’ll see if I can post a screenshot.

That shouldn’t be there. I’ve remove it and tested on the iPad and it looks right now. However, I’m not familiar with the browser you’re using in that screenshot, so please do try it and let me know.

By the way, to upload an image on the iPad you must have the advanced editor turned on for tablet or mobile as appropriate. You can set that here

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

The site seems to work well….although now a bit annoying on an ipad that when you touch a menu item it first shows the “roll-over” description requiring a second tap to actually activate the link…..

Yes, I’m not keen on that either. It’s a “feature” (some would say bug) of the tooltip library. I’m going to change it.

also the Socata style use of icons instead of English words (which is I suppose why the French did it on the TBs) is a bit naff!

Thanks for the feedback. It’s a pretty subjective issue I think. There are several good reasons behind adding the icons, so unless there is a wider uproar I think they’ll probably stay. Hope you can get used to them!

Administrator

All browsers on the iPad/iPhone are just shims to the pre-installed Safari so there shouldn’t be any differences. Apple does not allow external rendering engines so even Firefox uses Safari there.

All browsers on the iPad/iPhone are just shims to the pre-installed Safari so there shouldn’t be any differences. Apple does not allow external rendering engines so even Firefox uses Safari there.

It’s true that they all render with webkit. However we do all kinds of browser detection in different circumstances, so depending on what UserAgent that browser presents as you could, though unlikely, get different results. From the UserAgent on the earlier posts it looks like the browser is Mercury or some derivative of it.

Administrator

I have to say that the new site seems to be blazingly fast. Other forums seem to struggle to keep up and/or time out occasionally.

I’m sure there are plenty of snazzy features and aspects we wouldn’t see or really be aware of, so thanks for putting the continued effort to make improvements.

But like everyone, I also have a small wishlist for a new feature – A preview option, so can check out that links work before committing the post.

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

David, the ‘NEW’ button/text seems to work in a strange intermittent way. It sometimes gets me to the latest post, sometimes to the top of the last page of the relevant thread. Also, even after a refresh/reload, it sometimes shows up, although there were no new posts in a thread. FYI: MacBook Pro, FF 32.0.1.

Sign in to add your message