Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ChatGPT discussion, and ChatGPT-generated post examples

That is not true for server side code. Of course that field is full of muppets but to do it well you need experience in numerous fields, to set up a secure site.

I’ve been doing embedded product design for nearly 50 years and C has plenty of gotchas but server side is harder. Lot harder.

And it keeps changing, with new security issues etc. And lots of new fashions of course.

I think the reason there are so few good people in the field is that most grow to hate the job by the time they reach about 40.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

server side is harder. Lot harder.

I think this is going to be a very interesting challenge for AI as an interface

I believe a lot of future interaction will be really challenging from a security stand point. we can get very impressive interaction with data and dynamic interface into system with LLMs and agents approach, BUT not ready for prime time because of security risk (among other)…
EGTF, United Kingdom

It is fairly easy to host a site which is not critical, so if it gets trashed, you can restore a backup and hopefully fix the back door which the attacker used.

The fun starts when it is critical.

And anything performing a really important function is best not connected to the internet at all. Not even to get time (via NTP). GPS to NTP is the way to go for that.

No; nobody is changing the format of EuroGA Various things have been suggested over the years and rejected; basically none will offer any advantage.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

That is not true for server side code. Of course that field is full of muppets but to do it well you need experience in numerous fields, to set up a secure site.

You said there was an issue with finding people who can program in Ruby. That’s a different question from knowing how to set up a web site.,

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Ok. This topic, like so many, cannot be discussed in one-liners.

Administrator

This is related

Administrator
Sign in to add your message