Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR-only certification, and moving these to IFR, certifying the RV, etc

Any idea if an Easa cs-lsa could be certified for ifr under certain circumstances (we already established that night-vfr is possible under cs-lsa)?

United Kingdom

arj1 wrote:

Where did you get the CS-LSA in full?

The CS-LSA is just a modification of the ASTM standard for the US LSA.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I heard that the RV6A stall behaviour, shown in this video, would not meet certification requirements

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

would not meet certification requirements

Nothing on that plane meets any certification standards, except for some pieces and details here and there through coincidence. It was never meant to be certified, it wasn’t designed to be certified, they aren’t buildt to be certified.

Why continue with this nonsense?

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

The CS-LSA is just a modification of the ASTM standard for the US LSA.

Did I understandard it correctly that all these things are behind a paywall?
Or is there a site I can read them for free?

EGTR

Industry standards are very seldom for free, but if you Google around a bit ? However, lots of info in the CS-LSA itself. CS-LSA have no speed limit like the US. CS-LSA can have variable prop and retracts etc. But, CS-LSA cannot be used for aerobatics, unless another oddball regulation say you can nonetheless? Like it does with VFR night. Also, the engine can be according to CS-E or CS-22, on which you can read further on the EASA web page.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Anybody knows what RTC (restricted) designation on some CS-lsa means exactly? Is it to allow for some non-certified parts or avionics? Can that be still compatible with the nvfr certification?

United Kingdom

Was that stall video really showing unacceptable stall behaviour for a certified aircraft?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

Was that stall video really showing unacceptable stall behaviour for a certified aircraft?

If anything it will be one landing/takeoff configs?
In the air that behaviour is far more acceptable than load of GA aircrafts flying around today

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

I also didn’t think it looked very dangerous. Certainly no worse than some certified aerobatic aircraft.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message