Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

USB chargers - variations in performance

Interesting…

I cannot readily find these on amazon.co.uk but there are some on Ebay – example

20 AWG is 0.06 ohm total resistance for a 1m cable – 10x lower than the one discussed above.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

On Amazon search for Volutz, they have various types on there.

OK, here, thank you.

I especially like the “turbo fast” bit and presumably it will also make it sound better

I can see why these cables are fabric-covered rather than plastic covered: it enables the use of much thicker conductors, within a given overall diameter.

Administrator

I bought some of the Volutz cables. They are massive

They are also pretty stiff so not really great for normal USB usage, IMHO, even though they do work for USB (they do have the two data wires).

I read somewhere that the micro-USB connector is supposed to withstand 10,000 mating cycles, which is just as well given the punishment is gets with these cables. I have bought a wireless charging base anyway, and data transfer is best done over wifi anyway (I use WIFI File Transfer Pro which basically sets up an HTTP server in the phone) since I can’t seem to browse the phone’s file system over USB anyway (it looks for some PC drivers and can’t find them).

Administrator
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one