Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Digital payment of landing and parking fees via the App AEROPS

I have used it at Southend quite a bit. I agree on the convenience factor. However, Southend at least don’t always reconcile it to their books and chase you months later for fees you have already paid, which is inconvenient. Maybe early teething issues one could argue but they have been using it for a while now.

EGKR, United Kingdom

I don’t feel well when giving my payment data and grant unlimited access to a private company with unknown data safety and security. Any thoughts on that?

Germany

There is not so much data AeroPS wants to know. Name, address, credit card data and the airplane flown to check on the landing fee amount. How many webshops, hotels, airliners etc. out there do request these details from customers these days (except airplane callsign)? Almost all of them. I can’t see a real issue here. Sure, hackers could steal credit card data, but almost all cards can undo unauthorized charges or have an additional security ID before an amount gets charged online.

Last Edited by Frans at 11 Apr 15:50
Switzerland

I don’t feel well when giving my payment data and grant unlimited access to a private company with unknown data safety and security. Any thoughts on that?

It’s not that you’re giving unlimited access to your payment data, you’re just executing online payment, as you’d do in any online shopping. If you’re still concerned about card fraud/data leak, you can use disposable single use card generated within banking application (like Revolut).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The owner of AeroPS turned up here as @SR20_1989.

So if he still reads EuroGA he may answer your concerns

I would not use that site either given the Aero EDNY slot booking debacle in 2023 and earlier years. But then I would also not use the Autorouter for filing my GAR forms!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Paris Airports (LFPN, LFPL, LFPZ , LFPT, all usable GA airports for GA basically etc…) now use AEROPS. Details are in the airfield notams.

LFOU, France
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message