Welcome to our forums

Reggio Calabria LICR

Airport reports:
Brac LDSB
Reggio Calabria LICR

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

I left the lady with the EuroGA leaflets in a stand

I saw them that’s why I didn’t leave additional ones.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I left the lady with the EuroGA leaflets in a stand

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From EuroGA reports it seems @Archer-181 was there on the same day (I left on 24th and he made refuel stop on the same date) but we missed each other while @Peter was there 2 days before I arrived. LICR was busy by EuroGA members

Last Edited by Emir at 26 Sep 09:14
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

Funnily enough the police at LICR didn’t want to see me, having come from Croatia, ~2 days earlier.

It was same with us initially and then handling agent was chasing us when they changed their mind.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Funnily enough the police at LICR didn’t want to see me, having come from Croatia, ~2 days earlier.

Administrator

The airport itself is full of friendly people, low traffic and incredible number of employees of all services – police, customs, security, handlers… The fees are really low – landing and parking for 4 days was 18 while handling was 50 EUR.

Refuelling was agreed to be done on arrival but when I landed I got info that it would be possible in one hour, so I left it for departure. I refuelled a bit (although I actually didn’t have to but due to distant alternate I wanted to be on the safe side) and I was caught by fuel surcharge for everything below 1000 liters – it’s 60 EUR which in the end resulted with Jet A1 price of 2.67 instead of 1.99 EUR. Of course it wasn’t communicated in advance – they just gave me the price without surcharge.

OTOH the bureaucracy is at pretty high level – any change of ETA/ETD has to go via PPR process, regardless low traffic.

Customs officers are still surprised that Croatia is in EU after 9 years of joining (like in other southern Italy airports) and insisted on declaring goods and checking luggage. They checked us both on arrival and departure. Border police initially wasn’t interested on arrival but then came for us when we already exited the airport building. And of course we met them for check on departure.

Regardless sending all data in advance to airport and handler and immigration, I had to manually fill-in all data again to forms to all three services plus I had to fill-in GENDEC. Of course, different payments via different offices – 3 in this case: handler, airport and fuel.

In total, it took us 45 minutes to leave the airport on arrival and astonishing 1:45 from entering the building until starting up the engines on departure.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I made a four-days trip to Calabria and I have to admit it’s very interesting part of Italy. The city of Reggio has few landmarks to be visited and you can find them in any tourist guide. However, the broader region is worth of visiting. Besides beaches and sea (nice Mediterranean stuff if you’re into it), the inland offers national parks, great hiking routes and some hidden gems like abandoned villages, ghost towns, flood damaged roads impossible to drive, Byzantine/Norman/Medieval castles, Greek/Roman heritage, coastal towns, lots of good food, fresh fish, olive oil and farm products.

Last Edited by Emir at 25 Sep 19:17
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

lionel wrote:

The “NOT APPLICABLE BTN ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE ROUTE” makes it sound like as long as the departure is on the SID and the arrival on the STAR, no delay, they can happen at the same time.

The full phrase is “DUE TO PROCEDURAL SEPARATION NOT APPLICABLE BTN ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE ROUTE.” I take this to mean that the arrival and departure routes are not procedurally separated so when radar separation is not possible (which apparently it isn’t in this case), IFR arrivals and departures can’t be done simultaneously. But the NOTAM text is not exactly crystal clear.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I got this reply

with reference to you request we inform you that the flight IFR, REG TWR
not provide radar service, so REG is enable to separate incoming and
departing traffic.
No problem for the flight in VFR.

Administrator
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message