Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Reggio Calabria LICR

LICR do have avgas and price is reasonable (by Italian standards).

Last year I stopped over just to refuel. I refused handling (didn’t need it) and total bill was 6.60 euro for 1 hour stop.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

boscomantico wrote:

In Italy, parking fees at the “aeroporti” are standardized. See GEN 4.1. €0.08 per ton per hour.

Reading Italy GEN 4.1 “Airport Charges”, rev 06DEC2018, it deals with various types of fees (incl. Art. 1.2 “aircraft parking and hangar charges”). I can, however, not see a specific price 0.08 €/ton/hr stipulated in that document.
Where do I find this figure so to refer to it when next time parking at an Italian airport and checking the invoice ?
Thanks

LSZC

Yes, indeed. In the meantime, these specific infos have disappeared from the AIP.
For a couple dozen of big airports, GEN 4.1. refers to the respective airport websites.
Then, it says:

Here is what that the first mentioned drecree shows for parking charges:

And then, for airports not even listed there, it refers to yet another decree. That one is available only in Italian, but it says essentially the same thing, i.e. 0.08€ per tonne per hour:

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Jun 13:22
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Reviving this old thread just to confirm handling at LICR is still €25 per ton.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I got this within the past week, from them:

Airport_Fees_and_Charges_Update_20160901_pdf

and this is their PPR form. Comms is “minimalistic” and I don’t know how far beforehand they need this, but they do respond with a “permission number”

OSM_220_PPR_LICR_r3_pdf

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Based on info above, LICR seems very affordable, especially comparing to (relatively) nearby Bari LIBD, Brindisi LIBR or Lamezia Terme LICA.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Actually, an easy and reasonably priced airport to use unless you need fuel. Time to refuel is a crap shoot. GA aircraft are at the bottom of the priority list. When I was there in summer of 2016, we waited for hours due to intermittent 1) CAT arrivals/departures 2) heli arrivals/departures and 3) firefighting aircraft arrivals/departures. Each time we rose to the top of the waiting list another aircraft of some sort would “jump the queue”, followed by one or two more before they were done.

LSZK, Switzerland

Does anyone know what this crazy notam means:

B4879/22 NOTAMN
Q) LIRR/QFAXX/I/NBO/A/000/999/3804N01539E005
A) LICR B) 2208110400 C) 2211082300 EST
E) INCOMING AND DEPARTING IFR TFC WILL NOT BE ALLOWED SIMOULTANEOUSLY
WI REGGIO CALABRIA CTR DUE TO PROCEDURAL SEPARATION NOT APPLICABLE
BTN ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE ROUTE.
RMK: ARR/DEP IFR TFC MAY BE SUBJ DLA
REF AIP AD 2 LICR 1-11
CREATED: 10 Aug 2022 16:49:00
SOURCE: LIIAYNYX

I mean, I fully expected to do a formation departure with a 747…

What if one elects a visual approach?

Administrator

It’s probably similar to Cannes LFMD due to possible circling. Instrument approaches are defined only for runway 15, so if active runway is 33, you’d be on collision course with departing traffic when performing approach.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Well, yes, but that is what ATC are paid for. Why the notam?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message