Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Good GA field for a few day trip to Berlin?

Posted on another thread but figured I’d add here in case anyone missed it. I unded up using EDAZ. I had planned EDAY but when I called them they said they needed to organize with the police to do a border control check (coming from Wick, Scotland) and it would take some time to get confirmation from them. While waiting for them to email me the form to get started I called EDAZ and they said sure, just come any time, no problem. We filed (no small feat, with the help of Drew from Far North) and left for EDAZ. Super easy on arrival. Drove us to the train station and we were in Berlin in an hour and a half from touchdown.

Fees FYI:

Landing fee noise level B €18.24
Parking fee €8.82 per day
Customs/border control €8.15
Shuttle to train station €10.08
Fuel €1.92/liter
VAT not included

Service (cash only!)
O2 Refill service €100
TKS Service 0.25 hr €16
TKS Fluid €6.52/liter
VAT not included

EHLE, Netherlands

O2 €100 – that’s the margin – they probably spent €2-3 worth of O2 for refilling. However, the rest seems quite acceptable, even TKS which is usually €6.40 (w/o VAT) in retail is fairly priced.

Last Edited by Emir at 11 Sep 16:15
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

the rest seems quite acceptable

I agree, pricing was pretty decent except for the O2. It was £55 in Wick EGPC

EHLE, Netherlands

I agree, pricing was pretty decent except for the O2.

Who charged you for the O2? I suppose it was not the airport itself but this was one of the local maintenance companies? EDAZ itself has very reasonable charges all over except their JetA1 price which is high.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

Who charged you for the O2

It was CD Aircraft Maintenance GMBH. They seemed to be the go-to shop on the field but I didn’t ask if there were other options.

EHLE, Netherlands

It is very hard to fill O2 bottles at airfields these days. You should be glad they had O2 and the right adapter for you aircraft.

I’ll put it here:

Since yesterday, Schönhagen (EDAZ) now finally has IFR procedures (RNP approach) !

Do take note:

• the approach is only on runway 25. IFR departures are (essentially) allowed only from runway 07 (see AD).
  • unfortunately, the minima are quite high
  • all IFR flights are PPR from the AD operator
Last Edited by boscomantico at 12 Oct 14:33
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Since yesterday, Schönhagen (EDAZ) now finally has IFR procedures (RNP approach) !

Good news, but what kind of equipment is required to fly an RNP approach? I don’t think the average GA WAAS GPS will do it, right?

EHLE, Netherlands

GNS430, 530, G1000 (without WAAS) at least can do LNAV approach which is OK. All WAAS enabled devices can to that or better.

BTW EDAY is friendly, not expensive and well connected with Berlin.

Last Edited by Emir at 12 Oct 15:23
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Nickmatic wrote:

Good news, but what kind of equipment is required to fly an RNP approach? I don’t think the average GA WAAS GPS will do it, right?

You don’t even need SBAS (WAAS). Any approach-approved GPS till do.

Possibly you are confusing an RNP approach with an RNAV(RNP) approach. The latter is old terminology for what is now called an RNP AR (Authorisation required) approach.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message