Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Permit to Fly in Spain

Hi,

Thank you everyone for the information and advice. I have today received my Permit to Fly in Spain.

I didn’t know the dates I would fly (due to weather) so I entered ‘all the year 2017’ for the date of travel. The Permit came back with the date up to my UK Permit aircraft renewal date in July. Which I suppose is understandable.

John

EGCV Sleap, United Kingdom

@John, thanks for sharing the info and experience.
What was the cost for your permit?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Ahaaa! Jan is making plans to take the Apollo south in a serious way!
Look forward seeing you here Jan, various fields to choose from..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

And may I suggest you coordinate with @RobertL18C? He has been promising me for a long time to bring his lovely Cub down here.
Same speed in your formation?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart it’s being surprisingly busy this winter at my end – am now hoping perhaps a quick dash, relatively speaking, in late spring.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I am not in a hurry, dear Aart. Czechia and Italy are higher up on my wish list, and I am not sure I’ll fly to either, this year. Still, I noticed there’s a fine looking ULM base (LF6651) at Torreilles near Perpignan, and from there Empuriabrava/Ampuriabrava is just round the corner – quite literally. Still, I heard warnings of difficult winds in that corner of the world. The Marin?

As for cruise speed: like most Fox-derivatives, my Apollo Fox does some 80-85 kts, or 150-160 km/h as the ASI shows. I thought a Super Cub like Robert flies ought to be faster, it is called a “super” for some reason – then I saw he seems to have a 85 HP engine which might well make him slower than my nimbler bird with 80 HP. Well, slow we are both, at any rate…

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

John,

When and where are you planning to fly to in Spain? We have a place in Murcia and I want to fly my Sportcruiser down there but it probably wont be this year. There is a local airfield to me, Alhama De Murcia LELH, which I am hoping to check out in a couple of weeks time.

Paul G-CRWZ

Hi Paul,

Not sure of the date – My wife and I are retired (just) and therefore free to travel when the weather is forecast stable for a couple of weeks (hopefully).

What I do is create a folder with all the necessary detail of a flying adventure so we can start a tour at very short notice. Currently I have a trip to France and a trip to France and Spain and also Ireland and Scotland planned.

Murcia LELH maybe a little too much south for me. My first venture to Spain could be Sabadell via the med and then return by San Sebastian and then north along the Atlantic.

Regards John

EGCV Sleap, United Kingdom

Sounds exciting enough for a first adventure to Spain. It’s not the best terrain for crossing but worth the effort if all goes well. If I get down there this year I will post the story to help anyone else who may be interested.

Have a good, safe flying season.

Best wishes,

Paul. G-CRWZ

Sirlandalot wrote:

There is a local airfield to me, Alhama De Murcia LELH, which I am hoping to check out in a couple of weeks time

It is a semi-abandoned airfield. It was planned as an airpark/ fly-in community, but at the end only two or three houses were built and there is almost no activity, no bar, no fuel, etc.
I flow there only once some years ago. I have heard that now there is some parachute activity, so maybe now there is fuel.
The asphalt runway is long, more than 1200 m, and was in a very good condition.

There is a small airfield, dirt runway, very near, in Totana. With a Sportcruiser it is ok for you, and there is unleaded mogas, so it could be a good option to refuel.

Last Edited by Coolhand at 07 Feb 11:38
LECU - Madrid, Spain
Sign in to add your message