Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lesce Bled LJBL

Emir thank you for the advice but what happens when you take off and its vfr or VMC but you need to climb to 9000’ however the ceilings are 3000’AGL Tech ATC is there to separate you from other traffic but they can give you an IFR clearance once you reach a certain point and Alt. It just depends on the Alt. if its ridiculously high like 9000’ whats the point of picking an IFR clearance if you cant get there. Yes I know I can cheat but shouldnt the system work for safety and not to see how you can circumvent it?

KHTO, LHTL

Slovenian ATC is flexible – they would give you IFR clearance earlier.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks thats good to hear. I plan on going back it was a very pleasant experience.

KHTO, LHTL

Just to share few nice pics from Bled while waiting for annual to be finished.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

How beautiful…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great place to fly in. Friendly staff, lovely scenery, supppper coffee and traditional Slovenian creamy cake at the airport. Around 20EUR is the taxi into the city. Rent a bike and bike around the lake. Bled always an option if I want to have a 200EUR Pizza :)

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

Thanks. I have “known” of the existence of this airfield, the lake and the town for many years. Still, I have never flown there. To be honest, all I have ever read sounded “nice” and the airfield restaurant sounded good, but it still lacked any compelling reason why I should fly there. It all sounds like it’s a very tidy place, but it also sounds a little bit boring.

Anybody know if the lake is good for swimming, or other watersports? Anybody know?

Purely from a scenery point of view, I guess Bovec is the more interesting airfield, no?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Fishing, rowing, swimming and SUP-ing is what I saw people were doing today. I guess you can do some hiking as well because Slovenian highest mountain is near by.

I wouldn’t say Bovec is more scenic, with two most beautiful Slovenian lakes (Bled and Bohinj) and Bled castle I think Lesce wins.

Last Edited by Emir at 14 Jul 14:38
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Very nice photos…

It’s quiet there, maybe not a place to go for excitement but pleasant enough. I’ve been to Bled more times than I count, largely as a result of having had a relationship with a Slovenian diplomat and also because its on the road from the Dolomites to Ljubljana. She showed me that Slovenians are friendly people (which is of course part of her day job) but it was not a difficult thing to accomplish. Later on I took my German girlfriend (now wife) there for half a day in part to counter her prejudice against people “from the east” and her reaction was to say “it’s a lot like Austria”. From her this is very much a compliment FWIW.

I stayed with a group in Bohinj last year, just one night. It’s a growing outdoor sports area, great for that I’m sure. If that’s not your purpose I would agree that there’s not much to do.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 14 Jul 15:02

boscomantico wrote:

swimming

If you’re brave you can swim to the island. If you’re very brave there’s a swim-in on (I think) 25-Dec or 1-Jan

It was a few years ago now but Restaurant Mlino did a very good steak

The waterfall at Iglica is close, and Vintgar is farther away but better

If you go to Bovec it’s worth getting the local cheese, bovški sir

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message