Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

Btw I’m looking to come as well Archer II from Belgium (EBGB) not sure yet if wife and kids will come by Piper or Ryan Air….

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Hotel booked. We are with @chrisparker – well not literally but you know what I mean.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

Hotel booked. We are with @chrisparker – well not literally but you know what I mean.

I hope not – we only booked one room and one bed!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Or one of the IFR ones, for IFR arrivals. But (nobody replied to my post on this) I am not sure about transport from those.

I posted some information about transportation from Lézignan and Castelnaudary here.

Transportation from the Lézignan or Castelnaudary airports to the train station is unknown.

LFPT, LFPN

chrisparker wrote:

I hope not – we only booked one room and one bed!

T M I

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Peter wrote:

Would it be useful to involve the aero club? It may be a welcome addition to their activities. I have emailed them the current aircraft list and an explanation.

yes, absolutely!

CenturionFlyer
LKLT

we only booked one room and one bed!

But… this is France

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I booked the apartment via Airbnb maybe we can organize party at my place

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Ive been reading the Canterbury Tales and since this is a medieval castle in order to get the full Medieval experience perhaps its not such an outlandish idea to have Chris and Jason lodge together. It was not unusual at all to place a group of unrelated travelers into the same bed in some of those Taverns .

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

It was not unusual at all to place a group of unrelated travelers into the same bed in some of those Taverns .

This still happened to me two and a half years ago when I was stranded at Donezk airport in the winter because Lufthansa wouldn’t fly us out anymore that day (that was before the airport was destroyed during the war). We were given a room in a nearby “hotel” Soviet style and the staff, who we couldn’t communicate with so well, tried to put people who looked like they belonged together in one room (by handing out one key per “group”). I was supposed to lodge with two mechanics who I’d just started chatting with in the hotel lobby. One of these guys later reported that when he entered his room (after he got his own key), there was already someone Ukrainian dude sleeping and snoring.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
Sign in to add your message