Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen EDNY 2016

Luckily I had my noise certificate. 3 of them actually.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So, do you pay for a package plus a noise surcharge if you don’t have the certificate?

I also have a couple of seats if anyone else needs a lift down from the south of the UK.

Last Edited by JasonC at 21 Apr 18:22
EGTK Oxford

For those of us having no slot or slot for Saturday
plenty of good pictures

LKKU, LKTB

Nice pics

We had only 2hrs today, after waiting for fuel, waiting for the shuttle bus, etc. 2 more days to go…

The flight was practically CAVOK; 3:20hrs. Landing outside the slot but as I said that is just a job creation scheme (which incidentally facilitates a lot of “towel on deckchairs” practices which ensure that genuine people could not get slots).

150kt TAS all the way. On average, no wind

I wonder if somebody had a sense of humour in naming these navaids

There is a 3rd one which is great too but I couldn’t get it showing on the same screen…

In case I got one of the RNAV transitions, I programmed them (both possibilities) under separate flight plans which I could switch to

One isn’t supposed to do this, but the bottom fell out of the navigation market with GPS

Nearly there

The Alps in the distance… seen them rather a lot this year already

In reality everything was radar vectored, runway 24, here set up with the magenta line showing the LOC for orientation (GPS in OBS mode)

Unknown traffic busting the airspace… fortunately he had Mode C so we had him on TCAS long before becoming visual

Getting out will be a bugger – will need 3 strong people to pull the plane off the grass. Can’t do it under power due to rocks on the ground

The Panthera is here; seemingly with the old IO390 engine so this is another plane which has “frozen” in time. It is not being exhibited

Lots of long-legged girls around, especially some on one Czech stand

The area around the lake is nice… this is Hagnau

Incidentally tomorrow’s TAFs are CAVOK too… and Sunday looks good for flying back.

Administrator

I’m not coming and I canceled my slot (Saturday IFR 1020-1040 UTC); I’m flying directly to Krakow.

Last Edited by Emir at 22 Apr 08:41
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We had a super dinner tonight. Thank you all for making it there

Administrator

I agree super dinner, great choice of restaurant and nice to meet so many EuroGA folk. Thanks for organising.

EGHO Thruxton

I think a lot of us, myself included, will be hanging out at the show today, so no doubt we will bump into each other

Administrator

I concur: very nice diner and wonderful conversation yesterday.
I look forward to seeing you again in Carcassonne and maybe also today at AERO.
@Peter thanks a lot for organizing this.

LFLY, France

I didn’t actually “organise” anything. It was Vieke who picked the restaurant. I just told everybody to go there

Administrator
Sign in to add your message