Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Le Touquet LFAT Saturday 10th October 2015

I am looking for a reasonably low level trip somewhere, given the oil usage issue (the piston rings thread). It seems to be sorted now but I don’t want to do FL150-200 until I have more data

The forecast looks very good.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It looks like there will be a few of us going to this one…

Administrator

Near minima on the ILS

No coincidence who was there, in OVC005

Nice wx above

Food was a lot better than the usual bacon butty

Administrator

I can’t see how I missed that sun, given that we were only a few minutes behind you – but we were between layers all the way!

Wonderful meal and great company. Hope it’s not as long till next time. Oh, and the chocolates went down well with Mrs T :)

EGBJ / Gloucestershire

I can’t see how I missed that sun, given that we were only a few minutes behind you – but we were between layers all the way!

I cheated – that pic was the outbound flight

Just before the glideslope

The beach

On the way back

It was a great-meet-up

A pity the SR22 pilot didn’t make it.

Administrator

And to complete the French theme, Mrs T prepared a Salade de gésiers this evening

Last Edited by Rich at 10 Oct 19:06
EGBJ / Gloucestershire

Lovely TB family picture!

One detail caught my eye, though: the centre one (N55sth) seems to have the GT cabin and paint scheme, but no curved fin root. Is it some sort of hybrid?

LFNR

You are damn right, @Alboule! I don’t know who the owner is (not one of our group).

If you look very closely at these two (the RH one is mine) you find it’s a G1 painted very well to look like the GT

Finally, here, S/N 1276, you find it’s a TB21 from 1991.

Other photos online (google on the reg) confirm this.

Curiously, one of the pics online, here, shows that the metal grille covering the turbo has either been very skillfully painted over, or doesn’t exist

This is what a normal TB21 looks like

but maybe the 1991 ones didn’t have that.

Administrator

According to your list, N55510 is a TB21, but N5551Q is a TB20! Which explains the absence of secondary air intake on this one.

I could not find any picture of N55510 on the web.

Funny that these two TBs of the same year have these similar reg, and the re-arranged G1 is very well done! There must be some story here…

LFNR

You are right, I missed that! Time to get some sleep

BTW I don’t think it’s an air intake; it’s just a metal grille which stops heat damage to the cowling from the turbo.

The similar regs are not that surprising because Socata used to allocate consecutive ones, as far as possible, in the factory, for US customers. Mine was built as N212GT, but that number never left the factory.

Administrator
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message