Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Kassel (EDVK) to Avignon (LFMV) and then on to Sabadell (LELL)

The older Avidyne doesn’t have GPS of its own. It uses the Garmin GNS430s for all that. Different implementation …

Yes, of course, stupid question. 430s are, obviously, not affected. We would have heard about that one …

How about practicing some VOR radial intercepts until you get the fix? :-)

Congrats for making the only right decision with the additional landing at EDGS. I especially like the conclusion you draw, that you had all options available for only the price of an additional hour. Unfortunately there come reports to mind where the wrong decisions were made with fatal outcome. If there’s doubt, there is no doubt – well done!

EDLE

I have started the R9 specific discussion here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes. :-) That old stuff suddenly became important. It had crossed my mind … Without the loss of the fuel totalizer and the mental distraction due to the red warning on the screen I would probably gone for something like that. After all EDVK has the WRB VOR next to it and vectors to final would have gotten me to the localizer anyway.

You are right. Practicing the non-GPS ways of IFR navigation makes a lot of sense.

But then look at the US situation. Apparently there VORs and ILSs are being removed in favor of GPS and LPV. The whole R9 is designed for GPS and LPV. It even says so in the manual.

I do like the Cirrus simulator that is available in Poznan. I would plan on going there once a year, if I had bought a G1000/Perspective aircraft. Instead it is my plan to attend once a year one of the CPPPs where some of US CISPs with intimate R9 knowledge come over. It’s a cheap way to get recurrent training (10 hours ground + 4 hours flight) about everything from engine to partial panel flying in TAA.

Frequent travels around Europe
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message