Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFRQ Quimper - things to do

We’re planning a flight from Wellesbourne to Quimper on the first weekend in July in an arrow. We’ll probably stop in at Guernsey for fuel or perhaps Dinard for immigration/customs, but may go direct. I’m hoping to make three days of it, with some flying in the local area in the middle one.

Anyone got any recommendations for flyable destinations. I’ll be with my 70 y/o father so aerial photography, restaurants, good towns, perhaps the sub at St Nazaire or Quiberon Bay might be on the list.

Any ideas?

Ed
EGBW

I would definitely hop over to Quiberon.

Thinking about it, I would skip Quimper and go only to Quiberon (would require a prior stop for Immigration).

Quiberon has everything you would expect from La Bretagne. A nice little airfield, a nice town, good mussles, good beaches and an island-like feeling. And you can do everything on foot. No need to hassle around with rental cars, finding nice places to stay, etc.

I mean, on a three day trip, it’s all about maximizing time at your disposal for the enjoyable parts.

If you tlike, then, on the middle day, you could hop over to Belle Ile, which again due to the short flight will give you lots of time whilst there.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Jun 19:50
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks. We’re going to Quimper only because my father was there some 50 years ago so we’re pretty flexible.

Ed
EGBW

I can recommend Quimper for a visit. The city is beautiful and the surrounding landscape i.e. the Point du Raz ist marvellous. If you have a car (possible to rent at the airport, but only when the “big” planes arrive) you should visit the aerea around Audierne. I do recommend the L’Iroise to eat, also the Le Trave near Plogoff.
To fly the Belle IlĂȘ is great, just a small jump from Quiberon to go there. Great region, you will enjoy.

EDDS , Germany

Thanks for the pictures and ideas. We’re planning to get to Quimper on the Friday, and then a bit more exploring on Saturday – Belle ille and Quiberon perhaps – then a late return on Sunday, so very helpful. Thanks.

Ed
EGBW
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message