Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flight to Lorient: An Exercise in Balancing Fuel, Weight, Bladder & Route Considerations

update: added some pics

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

Autorouter is a great software, and in most cases it works better than RR. I have a RR subscription but i guess I will not extend it …

If only the mobile website had larger font, bigger buttons and more contrast. Sitting in a streetside cafe in Greece and trying to set up a FPL, the RR app has better ergonomics. Maybe the way the mobile website is displayed could be modified?

Thanks Achima. This sounds very powerful ! I will definetly give it a try next time.

Abeam the Flying Dream

Does Autorouter offer NOTAMs?

Yes, with a graphical representation. Regarding app, the site is designed for mobile devices and chiefly an online thing (you can’t file/delay etc. without network connection) so I consider a mobile web site to be the better approach. You get the whole briefing pack etc. as email for offline reference. If you request an updated briefing pack after filing, you also get change markers for everything that changed since you received your last briefing pack.

Does Autorouter offer NOTAMs?

Abeam the Flying Dream

Fully agree.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@bosco: no risk indeed after 14 years of flying. Writing it up for this forum and others are also part of the motivation and the fun.
Its like you can enjoy an expensive flight three times: the preparation, the trip itself and the writeup and its reactions !

Last Edited by Niner_Mike at 30 May 21:57
Abeam the Flying Dream

@DavidC: because I paid for Rocketroute and it has a iPhone app.
I did not focus on working intensely with Autorouter yet. Does it have an app?

Abeam the Flying Dream

@Bosco: so what I did was leggit although I didn’t realise? I did perform an IFR departure as prescribed by the Jepp chart. Airspace around Laval is indeed G.
Learning point !

Abeam the Flying Dream

Fantastic report – very interesting detail. Sounds like a great trip.

Why did you file through RocketRoute and not Autorouter?

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message