Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Krakow EPKK

Being few times in both cities, I can say that I haven’t found a decent restaurant in Katowice while Krakow is definitely worth of visiting.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I found Auschwitz to be very impressive, definitely worth a visit. Krakow is a John Paul II theme park

IMHO, Krakow is one of the nicest cities in Europe and Auschwitz is most definitely worth the visit.

Forever learning
EGTB

Thanks everyone for your valuable input! Much appreciated.

In Krakow you can also find Schindler’s Factory (that one from Schindler’s List). Now it’s museum.

EVCA

I’m planning flying to Krakow after Friedrichshafen, probably on Friday or Saturday. I’ll contact them tomorrow but I’m checking here if there’s any news on GA friendliness – slot, PPR, fees etc.

Last Edited by Emir at 03 Apr 21:48
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Krakow (EPKK) is ok for GA. Handling is mandatory but price is acceptable. PPR is also requested to reserve the parking spot but it is a simple email to which they reply promptly. I use LS Airport Services for handling, they are nice and efficient and the total bill for SR22 for landind, handling and 1 day parking was 70EUR.

LKBE

Kraków is also the only airport in Poland to refuse training flights (X).

When you’re there, besides Auschwitz I also recommend visiting Wieliczka salt mine.

LPFR, Poland

Thanks for info. I sent e-mail to airport and I’m waiting their reply. I’ll definitely visit Wieliczka – that’s on my list for years – been to Krakow twice and haven’t had time.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Another place to visit in Kraków is the aviation museum. The aircraft may not be meticulously preserved, but the collection is very interesting, especially for those interested in military aircraft of the COMECON era – what they have is not just MiG-15, MiG-17, MiG-19, MiG-21, Su-17, etc., but (almost) every single submodel of each. Some rare aircraft, too, including prototypes that never went into production.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
Sign in to add your message