Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Dresden?

Hi there!

Any experience? Landing & parking fees? AVGAS prices? Alternates to EDDC?

Thank you!

Last Edited by pshz at 25 Apr 08:04
EVCA

Can’t recall the details – but it is a wonderful destination for GA! Modern airport, fees on the lower side. I loved it and will be back soon …

@Flyer59 thank you! Are you about EDDC?

Last Edited by pshz at 25 Apr 08:09
EVCA

Am i what?

I was there some years ago, but i am sure bosco or some other guys here were there later and can tell you more. If you can read geman you can find some more information/reviews at www.eddh.de (info/pirep/germany(eddc)… or make a gogle xlation!

If you look here you can see the fees. Seems reasonable for PA28s…..

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 25 Apr 08:29
EDL*, Germany

I was a couple of times in Dresden during the last couple of years, it is a very good destination for GA. It ticks all of Peter’s boxes (ILS, customs/immigration, hard parking) (ok I don’t know whether they have a fax line), has long opening hours, not a lot of commercial traffic, and quite efficient controllers vectoring you in, especially if you can offer them more than 90kts in the approach.

As far as I know there’s good public transport to the city, but I got picked up. The city is well worth a visit.

I paid around 50€, if I remember correctly, for sub 1.2t, IFR and 2 days parking. The sometimes had weekend specials in the past. Don’t remember the exact fuel price, but it was what one would expect in germany.

LSZK, Switzerland

Hello!

Here is their price list and all the contact data (including a fax line ): http://www.dresden-airport.de/business-en/aviation-en/general-aviation.html?newLanguage=en

No problem at all, not much traffic, the GA terminal is inside the main terminal, the train station is right underneath the terminal.

If your business is to the East of Dresden, Bautzen (EDAB) may be alternative (http://www.flugplatz-bautzen.com). Very low fees, and good fuel prices (published on their website).

EDDS - Stuttgart

thank you!

EVCA

EDDC is realy nice airport with very friendly ATC’s. I had to avoid scattered showers and thundertorms all the way from Munster, but was realy “lucky” to get final one over the CTR boundary, between me and runway. Decided to enter CTR from east, but attentive lady on tower allowed me to make straight in with sligh tailwind to runway 04 (notwithstanding 22 was in use), due to TS just behind RWY22 treshold.

Have one more question (not for separate thread). Do I need flightplan from Germany to Poland (starting from class D and then remaining in class G)?

EVCA

No; if the class D airport is on the German side then no. If it is on the Polish side, then yes.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message