Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lausanne - Car Rental

Given a good fair few of you flew into Lausanne recently, would anyone have experience of arranging car hire from this airport? I’m looking at stopping by next month for 2 nights and would be looking for some car hire options so that I can drive around to the Abondance valley. Or would Geneva be the better option for car rental?

EGKB

I am sure they can arrange it – they are very efficient.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks – you are right, they were very efficient in responding to my query:

For car rental you can see with Europcar
Phone number 0041213199040

Which appears to be the “Downtown” branch of Europcar.

EGKB

Yea, they are the downtown branch but they’ll deliver it to the airport as far as I know.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Off to Lausanne this weekend – as per Mooney Driver’s suggestion have arranged for car hire with Hertz (SUV for 75CHF per day) which will be awaiting me at the airport car park and I simply leave it there on my return.

EGKB

Email address for Hertz Lausanne is SZLAU63 at hertz.ch

EGKB

Lausanne worked out a treat. A fella from Hertz was unexpectedly waiting for me at the airport – I’ll let them know for next time that they can just leave the keys as the poor chap waited an hour for me (had to shoot the GVA ILS for a cloud break, and then took my time to refuel and secure the aircraft on the ground).

Took just over an hour to drive to Chatel. I’ll definitely look to use Lausanne again.

EGKB
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message