Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AERO 2015 -- Slot booking

System opens on Saturday March 28th. First come first serve.

https://aero-ppr.fly-away.de/login/loginstart.aspx

They “urgently” request a/c with MTOM < 2000 kg to arrive and depart VFR, which I can understand. But what if you are IFR capable and don’t want to risk cancelling the flight if conditions are IMC? Do you book an IFR slot just in case and fly on a Z/Y flight plan if possible? Or do you book a VFR slot expecting to be able to fly IFR anyway if VFR is impossible (I would guess that most of the <2000 kg traffic isn’t IFR capable, so that shouldn’t affect capacity much.)

The helpline doesn’t open until the slot booking system opens…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Ignore the 2T “limit” for IFR. It is outrageous. I have never followed that.

If the day is perfect you could cancel IFR on the way in, but then you have to look out for various people in various places, as usual.

The traffic levels there are IMHO 1/3 to 1/2 of what they were in say 2007.

However I have never flown in on a weekend. I think Saturday is fairly busy for arrivals. Sunday morning departures are relaxed nowadays, but there are no restrictions on departures.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s normal for many airshows. Oshkosh requieres you to cancel IFR and to arrive VFR if the weather is VMC. I can well understand that it’s much easier for ATC there. And of course you have watch for other traffic flying IFR aswell. But you know that, I know :-)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 27 Mar 20:10

I have booked my slot for the17th.
Look forward to meeting up at the Saturday dinner.

I plan to depart on Sunday morning 19th, which from the looks of things is just a normal flight plan departure without a slot.

Cheers -E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Call me lucky :) – now Lucky is keeping his fingers crossed for flyable weather..
Is there an agreed meeting point during the day? Would have been a nice opp’ty for these Euroga polo shirts

Slot-Art: VFR Anflug Asphalt
Datum: Freitag, 17. April 2015
Uhrzeit Lokalzeit: 09:40 – 10:00
Uhrzeit UTC: 07:40 – 08:00
Flugplatz: EDKB (Bei Anflug: Startplatz, bei Abflug: Zielplatz)

EDLN and EDKB

That website is actually well done for a change.

Yes, the site worked for a change! I booked 1320-1330Z 16/3 in and “after show” to return (19/3).

If arriving around lunchtime, one can meet up initially in that cafe/restaurant which is the first thing you get to after clearing the customs/police. It’s not cheap but one has to eat “something”. They do very nice stuff.

I haven’t done anything about the T-shirts, due to a lack of interest

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Bummer,

I stayed awake yesterday because it would open the 28th, but at midnight and 01h, it was still closed. And today it was suddenly opened before the airport opens, so I had 2 options left: before LT 0800-0820 and after LT 1220-1240 Sat 18/4

I booked LT0800-0820 – but its a flight of 01h40 from EBZW and the airfield is 01h driving from home. Not very ideal.

Last Edited by Vieke at 28 Mar 08:17
Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Booked in for 1200-1220Z arrival Thursday and Sunday morning departure.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message