Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip around Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Austria

Not just LYBE, even the Nis graund crew got exited/in overload mode, when I wanted to get to my plane while there was 1 (one!) Whizzair flight leaving 1hr later. And I only wanted to check the engineer repairing my tire… I left at lunchtime, after the tire was fixed.
Not sure how they will react to a number of planes.

Just make sure to avoid Ryanair and Whizzair arrivals and departures.

Otehr than that, the airport of Nis is cool and the folks there and in town are great.

EDM_, Germany

That’s good feedback on Nis because that’s what Belgrade recommended and Nis responded promptly and positively to our request for the 14 aircraft. I’m looking forward to visiting the place.

LSZK, Switzerland

Not sure when you go there, but please give my regards and another thank you to Nikola (Ground Ops Man)
He knows ways through the administrative maze…

EDM_, Germany

ch.ess wrote:

Not sure when you go there, but please give my regards and another thank you to Nikola (Ground Ops Man)
He knows ways through the administrative mazeā€¦

@ch.ess, do you have the contact details for Nikola, or anyone else that could help us?

We were planning to stop twice at Nis in two weeks on the way to/from Bulgaria. We’re coming from LDOS Osijek in Croatia, which is nearly 200nm and a long way for a 80k Piper SuperCub. We were planning to stop at Nis enroute to Sofia. Now they have given us a slot at an early hour that we can’t possibly meet with 13 aircraft. We have almost no other options at this stage and are in a bind.

LSZK, Switzerland

Will send you something later or tomorrow from home. Yes, I have telephone numbers/email.
Check the AIP, they have funky opening times – accommodating CAT schedules. And they try to avoid GA arriving during CAT arrival and departures – check their website ;-)

EDM_, Germany

Yes, it turns out that the problem is the opening hours. We want to transit (customs & refuel only) on Saturday, Jul 21. Opening hours are 0830-1000 and 1530-1830 LT, which of course is because that’s when CAT arrives.

Not really GA-friendly and a bit of a catch-22, since we can’t avoid CAT by coming at another time. Plus they only work a 4.5hr day!

That is really tough when we want to get to Gorna LBGO in Bulgaria the same day (via Sofia) and are coming from Osijek LDOS with one aircraft being a Piper SuperCub doing 80kt and 13 aircraft crew in total to refuel and clear customs. It just won’t work. The farthest we’ll likely get is Sofia.

Last Edited by chflyer at 03 Jul 17:06
LSZK, Switzerland

Stating the obvious, but touring the very southeast of Europe, in a group of 13 aircraft, with one being a Super Cub, doesn’t sound like a great idea. I assume it can be done, but then it’s a big project in terms of organization that one probably doesn’t manage to do easily, a couple of weeks before leaving.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Jul 17:40
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
67 Posts
Sign in to add your message