Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2015 15-18 April

My first ever visit there PM Wednesday & Thursday.

How does one get WIFI at the Expo please?

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

No problem to get WIF there, but it is not free.

1 h per device 6,– €
3 h per device 12,– €
9 h per device 24,– €

Edit:

See the link. It is bilingual, just scroll down: WIFI

Last Edited by mdoerr at 12 Apr 07:31
United Kingdom

EU data roaming is no longer prohibitively expensive but the best solution is to buy one of the cheap 3G prepaid cards. You find them at Aldi, Lidl, dm etc.

Some providers have free EU usage. Mine is 500MB per month.

United Kingdom

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

boscomantico @ #129 & #131
Many thanks and appreciated.
Well that indeed is involved, and I apologise for not knowing all those detail.
I’m planning my VFR route in SkyDemon (for the first time) which has a ‘file VFR Flight Plan’ function.
This will be the first timed I’ve filed via SD. Previous used the NATS AFPEx portal.
The reason I’m considering filling via SD is that it seems you ‘click’ your route across Europe and ‘file’ – and that would appear to be the end of the matter.
I hope when I ‘file’, it doesn’t ‘bounce back’ !!
Doing it using AFPEx means entering all the route again into the AFPEx ‘interface’ with possible irritating syntax’s errors. I avoid entering Lats & Longs as it’s time consuming and error prone (typos). Easiest way is DCT VOR DCT VOR etc.
I’m not doing these Euro trips every month, may be once or twice a year, and I sure don’t find all this ‘legal ‘ stuff easy and by the time the next trip comes around I’ve forgotten half the systems / methods anyway !!
I’m a novice and trying my best to comply – but assume one has to get experience somehow !!

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 12 Apr 10:54
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Jan Olieslagers @ #121
Altitude – up and down to suit the circumstances !!. Usually ‘down’ due weather
Will certainly try for that 4500’ + through Belgium.
My flight will be guess Tuesday.
On two previous Belgium ‘over fly’s’ I found them very helpful.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

I’ll be there most of the day Thursday. Hope to meet some of you!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

1 h per device 6,– €

I thought Cuba was expensive

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

EU data roaming is no longer prohibitively expensive but the best solution is to buy one of the cheap 3G prepaid cards. You find them at Aldi, Lidl, dm etc.

The problem with that is that your phone number changes so the phone becomes useless as a phone.

I have the E586E 3G-WIFI “converter” which solves that – you pop the locally bought SIM card into it and get WIFI out of it

Also several people can connect to the WIFI concurrently.

I didn’t realise Germany does these data SIMs. France doesn’t appear to (many people have looked for them). They are popular in the UK, Croatia and Greece and typically you get a few GB for a few weeks for €10-€20.

Is it possible to buy a prepaid phone SIM at the Aero show itself? I might need one for my son who is on Giffgaff and has zero roaming.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message