Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sicily - Palermo LICP - EuroGA 4-5 Sep 2021 fly-in

Peter wrote:

ot yet – I haven’t pushed it because each fly-in plan got messed up by CV19. Anyone interested should post here, please.

Would be very interested as well, with the usual caveat that I need a VFR weather window :)

EHRD / Rotterdam

Any specific date yet? [Or maybe I haven’t read the postings thoroughly!]
I am organizing a Fly-Out to Troyes [LFQB] over the weekend 24/26 September – so would have to rule myself out for Sicily if the dates clashed.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Probably early rather than late Sep.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am also very interested. At least if it fits the dates, of course.

Charlie_Alpha
EHBD, Netherlands

I’m also interested- work, weather and Covid permitting…

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Monitoring thread is this the current thinking?

Early September?

Bocca di Falco in Palermo?

Although Catania gives access to Etna, Taormina, Noto and Syracuse?

I could speak to the Club to check if they would supply 100LL? I was last there over ten years ago and 100LL was available.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I assume Bocca di Falco, LICP, is the only possibility for such event, since the four big commercial airports in Sicily will for sure not accept a group of say 5-10 GA aircraft (and there are no other suitable small scale airports in Sicily). Yes, LICP does readily sell fuel (although they obivously don’t advertise this loudly), but it is expensive. Infos here.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 19 May 09:58
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Contacting the airport is one of the jobs, yes, and I am not repeating the “Tivat 2019 experience” where the unhelpful airport limited us to 10, while 20 expressed an interest, of the 20 only half were really committed, so half of the 10 committed people dropped out due to presumed lack of parking, so we ended up with 5, and 5 others who would have come missed out

Emir must have had 20 emails with the airport…

So we need an airport which can definitely accept as many people as are interested in coming.

Definitely this one needs an Italian speaker. Any volunteers?

Administrator

Catania LICC has a very active GA aeroclub with a brilliant leader, Stefano Arcifa who can help a lot I think . On the other end it’s a very busy airport , 4° or 5° in Italy .
Comiso LICB is a big airport in the right side of Sicily , with almost non existent comercial traffic but the usual bureaucracy i fear

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

Someone is on the case with the airport.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message